Author Topic: 1.18.00.00 Quick Cursor Paste Auto Repeat shortcut?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Harbinger

• Extreme artist
  • Operating System: Windows XP
1.18.00.00 Quick Cursor Paste Auto Repeat shortcut?
« on: April 10, 2010, 18:09:19 »
Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.00.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Not sure.

Description of the bug: Could not get the "Quick cursor paste Auto Repeat" toggle to work, mainly because the description is short and i couldn't figure out really what it was for. I tried pressing and holding the spacebar after applying a Quick-copied paste in the Pattern Editor and that did nothing. What does this do? Is it obsolete?

How often does it happen?: Always?

How to reproduce (step by step description): Create/open a track. Make sure this function has a keyboard shortcut assigned. Try to make it work in the Pattern editor...

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 18:23:24 »
This functionality indeed seems to be lost in OpenMPT. I guess it was (accidentally?) removed with the introduction of the new keyboard handler. I don't know how much work it would be to add it again, so I'll leave this report open for now.

EDIT: I think that the "quick copy" and "quick paste" shortcuts are supposed to do this now. Can anyone confirm this?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 18:40:49 »
OK, found out what this is now, after having a short look at the original MPT 1.16 code.

- ENTER copied a note into quickpaste memory.
- SPACE pasted it.
- You still have those two shortcuts now, but they can be redefined.
-  This option equals the "on hold" option that you can assign to every shortcut these days.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Harbinger

• Extreme artist
  • Operating System: Windows XP
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 18:47:25 »
So whaddaya think? Perhaps if the version is new, the shortcut should be omitted from the "official" list? I'm wondering if i should write it up in the OHM as an obsolete feature... :?

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 19:02:16 »
Well, as said - the feature is still there. But the "pattern option" does not work anymore and will be removed, naturally. It was just left there for no reason.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 13:40:44 »
Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).