mono stereo sample

Started by kit beats, May 06, 2010, 16:35:24

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

How do i make a stereo sample mono?

I mean i have a stereo sample with offcourse a left and right wave.
But now i want to delete the right wave and only have the left wave and save to one sample.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

open it as a module. then choose either sample 1 or sample 2.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

How can one stereo sample be nr 1 and 2 ?

psishock

QuoteHow can one stereo sample be nr 1 and 2 ?
As Jojo said...open it as a module (as you would load up any song), then you'll c. OMPT will assign automatically the left wave to sample1 and the right one to sample2. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Great ! I didn't know that.

In the beginning only mono samples were possible, only later on with OMPT I could load stereo samples.
But before that, I was forced to split a stereo file first into L/R monofiles, to be used simultaneously in 2 channels.

I prefer this situation, because it has more control to make f.e. a small offset delay or change the width of panorama.
Now, I can have this situation again.

Plus the fact that I can use OMPT as a WAV stereo splitter, a simple utility I was still searching for !

LPChip

If you convert a stereo sample to a mono from the sample tab, will it then merge both into one?

EDIT: great tip btw!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Great ! I didn't know that.

In the beginning only mono samples were possible, only later on with OMPT I could load stereo samples.
Well, but this trick worked from the very beginning. Even the help file of the very first alpha or beta version stated this. And even in the MPT 1.16 manual, it was still descirbed as "although not mentioned in the manual, you can ..." :)

If you convert a stereo sample to a mono from the sample tab, will it then merge both into one?
Yes.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "Jojo"open it as a module. then choose either sample 1 or sample 2.

Yes! open the wav in OMPT and save sample 1

Thanks

EDIT: haHah super!
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Sam_Zen

I agree, aHah super !
I checked with a quad WAV, and OMPT extracts the four mono files !