[rock-ballad] Between Love And Hate (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, April 11, 2010, 15:11:32

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

Today I'd like to introduce you a little rock-ballad called:

Between Love And Hate

It's about a love-hate relationship that I had about 15 years ago. Even if it was a difficult time for me, I don't want to miss the experiences I made in those days.

Anyway, I hope you'll like the song.

Greetings,
TheEagle

Sam_Zen

Good, sad song.
Maybe the flute could use a bit more expression.

TheEagle

Thank you for listen and the comment, Sam.

Nahkranoth

As always MrEagle, It's easy to say that this track is yours :D Seems like you have your favorite chords combinations or something, (mine are fifths and tritone judging by the results BTW :D )

Great relaxing melodies, mixing and stereo image but:

1) the absence of vibratos in the lead guitar part. It's so easy to add, but you still keep forgetting about it.

2) And when I hear a "divebomb" I expect that it will slip into some riffing, but you're breaking my expectations by continuing with another solo part. Can't say that it is bad though. Just not exactly what you may want to hear.

And I'm amazed how you're keeping to make >3 min songs without getting the listener bored :gjob: 7 minutes man, you should write for some documentary! :shock:

Still got to listen to what guys have posted. Seems like I've missed a lot of interesting things lately... Oh man, there's a lot :shock:

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Seems like you have your favorite chords combinations or something.
Yes, indeed. All of my songs start with "A-3, C-4, E-4". But I have to confess, I don't know how this chord is called...:oops:
Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
...but the absence of vibratos in the lead guitar part. It's so easy to add, but you still keep forgetting about it.
Well, since the guitars are vsti and not samples it's not that easy to add vibratos. There are many effects provided by the vsti, but I was not satisfied with the vibrato and the tremolo, so I decided not to use them in this song. But I fell in love with the bending, the "violining" and -of course- the slide-effects... :wink:
This was the first song I made use of my new toys "RealGuitar2" and "RealStrat" (Yep, I bought them both in one package...) and there is still very much to explore...
Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
And when I hear a "divebomb" I expect that it will slip into some riffing, but you're breaking my expectations by continuing with another solo part. Can't say that it is bad though. Just not exactly what you may want to hear.
Um, yes, ok, but I think this is a matter of taste. I don't expect necessarily that a slide ends into a riff.

Anyway, thank you very much for listening and your comment, Mr.Noth...

Nahkranoth

I guess vibrato (not the effect, but the technique) should be mapped to modwheel in RealStrat. At least that's how I remember it from the demo. Gotta look into it again and maybe post some examples if I'll succeed. :D

I hope the demo can be installed for the second time without saying "expired" or something.

BTW: Do you interested in ballad-type songs only? Is there a chance that you may write something completely different? I'm just curious, it's fun to experiment sometimes. There was a time when I thought I'll be making metal and funeral stuff only :lol:

uncloned

Quote from: "TheEagle"
Well, since the guitars are vsti and not samples it's not that easy to add vibratos. There are many effects provided by the vsti, but I was not satisfied with the vibrato and the tremolo, so I decided not to use them in this song. .

it is very easy to add vibrato and you can adjust the depth and speed of the vibrato in real guitar.

for even more realism, if you want to work at it, you can send a succession of pitch bend messages, which gives you complete control over the vibrato.

uncloned

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"I guess vibrato (not the effect, but the technique) should be mapped to modwheel in RealStrat.
Quote from: "Uncloned"It is very easy to add vibrato and you can adjust the depth and speed of the vibrato in real guitar.
Yes, maybe. As I wrote above, there is pretty much to explore but I'm suffering from a chronic lack of time. I just started to work with the retail-versions of these instruments, so please be patient with me...:wink:

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"BTW: Do you interested in ballad-type songs only? Is there a chance that you may write something completely different?
Well, basically I like "serious" or slightly "dark" music but nevertheless I already made something different:

Unforeseen Consequences (synth-pop with some old-school sounding synths)

Left Unsatisfied (Beat Of The Heart Mix) (synth-pop with some nice effects)

Left Unsatisfied (simple and uninspired dance stuff)

Dreaming Of Music (even more simple and less inspired synth-pop)

Sunrise (simple dance stuff I made before I heard about "vst"; consists completely of 8 bit mono-samples and sounds that (ugly) way)

AlisterFlint

maybe it's because i'm not as skilled as many guys around, but i've found your orchestration
&production rather detailed and flawless. eventhough it's not my usual genre, it's a pleasant
piece to listen to. maybe you'd have worked the accent/attack on your nylon guitar line, to
humanize it a little more, but that's just an idea..

TheEagle

Quote from: "AlisterFlint"Eventhough it's not my usual genre, it's a pleasant piece to listen to.
Thank you for listen and the comment, Alister.
I truly appreciate feedbacks by people from other genres...