In search for a good site header (hello graphicians!)

Started by Saga Musix, March 17, 2010, 17:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

Saga Musix

While I personally think it doesn't fit too well as a default header for the site, I very much like this variation of the logo and I think it could be used for special sub sites, for example a compo site! :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: "Jojo"While I personally think it doesn't fit too well as a default header for the site, I very much like this variation of the logo and I think it could be used for special sub sites, for example a compo site! :D

Lol, I got a bit carried away I think, but if you guys want the .psd, for the logo variation, I can post that here sometime :)
The flames are separate from the original design, and the vectors were done in freehand, so just give me a shout if there's anything you guys want.
I'll make some other versions this weekend. I've finally decided to spend some time on the things I believe in, and this is one of them - so, expect more... every now and then ^_^

Saga Musix

Hmm, PSD. I don't really have anything that can reliably open PSD files (SVG would be preferrable, but I see that this might be impossible here), but I suppose the PSD file could still be put in the graphics archive. BTW, the "m" looks a bit incomplete without the plug that used to be below the letter... :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: "Jojo"Hmm, PSD. I don't really have anything that can reliably open PSD files (SVG would be preferrable, but I see that this might be impossible here), but I suppose the PSD file could still be put in the graphics archive. BTW, the "m" looks a bit incomplete without the plug that used to be below the letter... :)

I didn't like the second plug - in fact I'v come with a lot of new modplug logos which I will post here too. :)
I'll take a copy of the normal logo with me home from work so I can play with it the way everyone's used to. I'm just going to keep myself occupied this way for a while...
messing around doing some design that I enjoy - its been a while since I'v wanted to design anything outside of work, so its a good thing for me personally.. ie. if I get annoying, just ignore me

Exhale

this is something everyone can use :)

And here's my idea of what the modplug logo should change to, its simpler, and I think it will stay in people's minds longer because of that.

KrazyKatz

Digs the Retro feel of the first one.
I think the 2nd one while very clever is a bit too ambiguous.

A gelatinous alien that got missiled!
Duck and Cover!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

psishock

Quote from: "Exhale"And here's my idea of what the modplug logo should change to, its simpler, and I think it will stay in people's minds longer because of that.

Tentacle rape anyone?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Exhale

Quote from: "psishock"
Quote from: "Exhale"And here's my idea of what the modplug logo should change to, its simpler, and I think it will stay in people's minds longer because of that.

Tentacle rape anyone?
lol, its just a font I like, but I dont see a tentacle there, I saw it as a guy mixing / djing. Just went searching on google for tentacle to get an idea of what you guys are talking about - T_T what have you exposed me too!!! and I didn't find anything...
So, in conclusion - I'm a trained graphic designer, so I can come up with more - lol. But that last logo says omp in case you were wondering and I still think it would be effective.

Saga Musix

I can also see all kinds of things in the latter logo, but not what you want me to see. :D

uncloned

Quote from: "Exhale"

this is something everyone can use :)

And here's my idea of what the modplug logo should change to, its simpler, and I think it will stay in people's minds longer because of that.

I'm afraid it made me think

"the tracker formerly known as modplug"

sorry.

Exhale

Wow sorry to offend you. I just thought it'd be simpler. And look cooler. I'll take it off, just guys look at both of them on a white background. Anyway. I'll bring you some variations of that first logo, without the fire, tomorrow. And i'll do some simple banners. In hindsite i should have written, that its something along the lines of what i think modplug should change to. For print, but now that i think of it. Why? Ok. I'm a dreamer.

g

Quote from: "Exhale"Wow sorry to offend you. I just thought it'd be simpler. And look cooler.
I agree! Except for the plug. I don't like thte plug in any of the logos and I don't like the "pattern background" in any of the banners. Then again, I couldn't do anything half as nice.

uncloned

what I meant is that is was reminiscent of Prince's "symbol"

Exhale