[dub/ambient] The Tribe (.ogg) first LMMS tune

Started by Louigi Verona, February 16, 2010, 11:34:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

http://www.louigiverona.com/files/TheTribe.ogg

This is the first tune I've made with LMMS. Weird enough as it might seem, this tune, as people say, is the first sophisticated tune done with LMMS.

I think the reason why this happened is because not a lot of people view LMMS seriously. They look at it, try a couple of things and then maybe do something very simple in a piano roll, knowing that for serious things they will load up their Windows machine and work in Cubase or FL Studio. I took a different approach and decided to do a tune with just LMMS, with the things that it gives you. It turned out to be more than enough.

Latest LMMS release, 0.4.6 - is a very confident release, which is not only extremely stable (no more crashing every 5 minutes, in fact, in 2 months it hasn't crashed on me once), but also offers a lot of new features and fixes a number of usability issues. Highly recommend it.

Putting technical things aside, though, I would love to hear what everybody thinks on the tune musically.

Rakib

A bit too long start but overall a very nice song. Just looked at lmms page, didn't know that it supports windows also. So maybe i'll have a try.
^^

Louigi Verona

I agree about too long a start. In the beginning I planned it to be a pretty different tune )

Rakib

Yes, I like the ending best. Much more melodic and feel to it. But overall you made a great song.
^^

uncloned

AlisterFlint

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Weird enough as it might seem, this tune, as people say, is the first sophisticated tune done with LMMS.

first publically released..

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "AlisterFlint"
Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Weird enough as it might seem, this tune, as people say, is the first sophisticated tune done with LMMS.

first publically released..

obviously. in fact, maybe there are tonnes of absolutely genius musics never released for piano, but we know only of publicly released Chopin =)))

uncloned

Quoteobviously. in fact, maybe there are tonnes of absolutely genius musics never released for piano

Do you really think I should release them?   :P

Louigi Verona

Haha! You should!

Nah, I understand what Alister is trying to say, but really, I meant not more than what I said. And seeing that not many people use LMMS seriously, I can easily imagine that my tune can be the first serious tune made with LMMS, simply because noone else really cared to try.

Louigi Verona

Okay, a YouTube video available now. Nothing special, but I was happy to understand how to work with video on Linux and get to know Cinelerra a bit and add a text and fade outs and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLD_bmVFEQ

Sam_Zen

Nice build up, nice production.

There are two echo repeats here, a fast one and a slower one, going more L <-->R.
The 2nd one doesn't have a strict sync time, but it gives a bit of tension.

The synth sound introduced at 8:20 is quite disappointing. It sounds like a cheap organ.

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Nice build up, nice production.

There are two echo repeats here, a fast one and a slower one, going more L <-->R.
The 2nd one doesn't have a strict sync time, but it gives a bit of tension.

Both have strict sync time, actually.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
The synth sound introduced at 8:20 is quite disappointing. It sounds like a cheap organ.

You kidding man? =)))) That was intended to sound like an old skool tracker tune reference ;)