The filter FX has moving another pattern

Started by Module, January 31, 2010, 19:25:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Module

Dear MPT!

My English is very poor. I have a question:  I took a Filter effekt on an instrument.(Modplug Tracker--Instruments menu--Filter)When I move the next pattern,another instument to be present here,but the channel is same,and the Filter FX is  moved on this instrument too.How could I say....The next pattern's same channels'intrument is keeping the Filter Fx that I took the previous pattern.
How can I clear the channel(s)?

Thank You!
Module

Saga Musix

Either use Z7F and Z80 to restore cutoff + resonance or use the S9D command (if you're working in MPTM format) to restore the filter on every new note.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Module

I tried it,and it's not working! :cry:

Saga Musix

Well, then you're doing something wrong. :P

Note that the S9D command should be the first command on the first pattern if possible, to make it really work. I actually think it's a channel-based effect, so it has to be inserted on every channel that should have the "local filter" mode.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Paul Legovitch

This looks exactly like the behaviour of the old Modplug 1.16 version (where Z7F was still filtering the sound).
Maybe you are still using this version. If this is the case, download OpenMPT 1.17.02.54 and try again.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Paul Legovitch"This looks exactly like the behaviour of the old Modplug 1.16 version (where Z7F was still filtering the sound).
O_o I am not aware or any change since then, since Z7F IS supposed to enable the filter for the note it's noted down with (but not the next).

Module

My filter is in the Instruments menu,not the pattern!And the filter is still moving on the next pattern,and it's a very big bug!I'm using this program summary 9 years,and my observation is its fully with bug!But I couldn't tell them,because my EN is very so poor,and I don't want to qualifing words from the dictionary.Please!MODERNIZE AND REPAIR IT!It would be a best tracker in the world!THX!Love:Module

Saga Musix

I am pretty sure that it is not a bug, MPT's filter envelope handling should be exactly like in IT. But if you don't believe me or if English is too difficult for you, why don't you just upload the module in question so that we all can have a look at it?

Rakib

Download camstudio here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/
And make a video and show us what you are doing (wrong?)..
^^

Saga Musix

The module alone should already suffice, I guess...

Module

Nah,let's see.I'm going to trainig it. :idea:
Update: the video capture is okay,but it isn't a sound.I have tried all options..

JoJo: Yes,but I wouldn't to upload my *.it,because I don't want that the song is getting to editing for everbody,very not finish,and  a 235Mb file.But tomorrow I'm going to upload some situations what I don't understand,in IT certainly.

Rakib

Ok 235 MB is way to much. Just make an example file where you demonstrate where the wrongdoing is happening.
^^

Saga Musix

Yes, just remove anything is not related to the "bug".

psishock

Oh, a hungarian dude. Why hello there *waves hands* :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Module

Hy!Sry for my late but I was travelled in a days.So there is a problem,what is very disturbing me,and this is the Filter.Here are the situations in an IT.
Please listening the Instruments menü,how they sounds here,and compare it how they sounds on the pattern.Note:You have to start the track by the F6 button,not single!THXTHX!

http://addat.hu/52491bc6/Filter-situations.it.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------