How do you get your tunes down?

Started by MT, February 18, 2006, 10:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubblenugget

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 Wong
I've learned that everybody can suffer from writer's blocks once in a while, but I know now, that I don't have to worry about it, because the 'urge to produce an egg' will come up anywhere some time. A matter of patience, this is not a thing one can articially push. But listening to other composers always can be inspiring, as seeing the statements of some great artists in a documentary, or so.

Quite true.  After seeing 'Better Living through Circuitry', I always seem to jump on the computer and get crackin'.

hematurge

I'm not so much of a musician. I usually start with percussion, I like elaborate drumtracks. Then, build it up from there. Add some bleeps and bloops, a bass line and/or some other strange samples. I always seem to start out with the main pattern for the song then do alternates and deconstructed patterns derived from it. After that it's usually just a matter of arranging the patterns to taste.
At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols. - Aldous Huxley