OpenMPT 1.18 releases

Started by Relabsoluness, January 25, 2010, 22:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

OK, this is really strange. To be absolutely sure, I have set the Windows 7 firewall to public mode (most restrictive) and asked some more people to test the installer - it seems to work for anyone but you. Can any more people from the forums confirm whether the sourceforge installer is working or not?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Does the installer have some dependencies?
^^

Saga Musix

It should run on unpatched systems (though it should be self-explanatory why unpatched systems suck). I cannot quite understand why the installer even freezes, but it somehow sounds like a firewall problem (and the ISTool/InnoSetup newsgroup didn't give any helpful answers so far). Did you try disabling the Firewall alltogether or setting it to home mode?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Did turn off the firewall without any luck. What about just adding the unmo3 in the sourceforge installation?
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Rakib"What about just adding the unmo3 in the sourceforge installation?
Then it would be your turn to convince Ian Luck that he should give up his rights to control the unmo3.dll distribution, because sf.net has some peculiar Terms of Usage with regards to binaries and their distribution and what they may do with them. I can understand very well why he does not want it to be hosted on their servers.

BTW, are you running Win7 with UAC enabled?

Rakib

UAC is turned on to never give me any warnings.
^^

Relabsoluness

I can report of two successful installations with sourceforge installer: one on WinXP SP3 and one on Win7(32bit home premium).

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Rakib"UAC is turned on to never give me any warnings.
Strange, I'm working with the same settings here. And I just got two new confirmations that the installer downloaded the file properly. Somehow I fear that this problem cannot be reproduced on other systems...

LPChip

Installer works as expected, no weird messages or freezes. Tried installing to an existing location and to a new location.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and I have UAC turned on. I do not use any third party firewall though (only the one that came with windows in its default settings), as my router is very capable of protecting me.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"Installer works as expected, no weird messages or freezes. Tried installing to an existing location and to a new location.
I hope you are referring to the sourceforge.net installer, and not the one provided in this topic...?
Installing the sf.net installer over a previous installation will not cause any trouble anyway, because the download procedure is automatically skipped then.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "LPChip"Installer works as expected, no weird messages or freezes. Tried installing to an existing location and to a new location.
I hope you are referring to the sourceforge.net installer, and not the one provided in this topic...?
Installing the sf.net installer over a previous installation will not cause any trouble anyway, because the download procedure is automatically skipped then.

Oh, I thought you ment the one in the topic.

Is there a link to the one on sourceforge anywhere? I'll test it out then.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Well, you really should know where modplug is hosted on sourceforge... :P
http://sourceforge.net/projects/modplug/

LPChip

Just tested the SF installer. Installed it on my laptop, which has a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate X32 installation.

Install went as planned. Windows firewall is active.

Rakib

For those who are testing, I hope you used a clean install without unmo3/modplug already installed on your computer.

But if this problem only occurs on my computer, I won't it will be an issue. Maybe have an readmefile where it says that if downloading unmo3 fails, please download it from this location.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Rakib"But if this problem only occurs on my computer, I won't it will be an issue. Maybe have an readmefile where it says that if downloading unmo3 fails, please download it from this location.
Well, I wonder why this happens only on your computer, so some more investigation is definitely necessary. How long did you wait until you killed the installer? For some reason, it could take a very long time to establish a connection to openmpt.com.