[?] INT -1d10 (MP3) for SoOn compo

Started by Nahkranoth, November 18, 2009, 12:18:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

As the compo has ended, I decided to put it here.
INT -1d10.mp3
As in the process of the making of this track I suffered from the lack of meaningful thoughts, the title means damage to intellect, according to DnD :D
Comments are welcome, but not necessary :lol:

Sam_Zen

Very good work Noth !
I enjoyed everything here, the controlled drumming, the tempo changes, the guitar solo, little fun noises,
the radio-like sound at 3:00 (also guitar, I guess ?)

TheEagle

Great work, indeed. This was one of my favourites in the compo...

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Very good work Noth !
Quote from: "TheEagle"Great work, indeed. This was one of my favourites in the compo...
Thank you, guys! I appreciate it!
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I enjoyed everything here, the controlled drumming, the tempo changes, the guitar solo, little fun noises,
the radio-like sound at 3:00 (also guitar, I guess ?)
Though I slapped it together from different parts and the tempo change was used to fit the feedback solo by clones without it sounding pitch-shifted, I am pleased with transitions, but this was unintentional :lol:
And that radio-like sound is actually an image of Bruce Lee being loaded from tape to ZX Spectrum. I wanted to use it somewhere for about a year now, and this was the opportunity :lol:
Here's the link to the page with this image (it can't be shown in here for some reason):
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0000718

Sam_Zen

The ZX Spectrum, great !
I started programming with the ZX 81.

Nahkranoth

Speccy BASIC was my first  :D
Though I never made something serious with its assembler, except some fullscreen animations.

uncloned

one of my favorites as well.

Of the comments (couple private and more public) I received this piece was mentioned favorably often.

It is a very imaginative piece with a nice clear production.

And a real nice setting for my leads - I've enjoyed hear that sample in various settings.

Nahkranoth

As my mixes were always muddy, this time I've chosen instruments that won't overlap too much. And I wanted to have synthesized bells as well (think KrazyKatz :D )