[Indie] Nihon E (mp3) Vox, Gtr, Electro

Started by blain, November 18, 2009, 12:09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

blain

NIHON E

Here's the track:

http://www.bluebloomer.com/blains_music/blain_hosford_nihon_e.mp3

The track features a mix of vocals, guitar (electric and acoustic), modplug (synth, drums and bass).

Much of the sound is very layered, with synth and ebow guitar, finger style guitar, rhythm guitar etc. At times the vocals follow the synth.

Main synth is chorused to give a slightly detuned effect. Guitar is played through an old valve Sovtek Mig-50 (love this amp). Bass is Jovica EP samples. I think the drums are a mix of acoustic sounds and electronic.

Hope someone out there enjoys the tune.

uncloned

uncloned

though for the life of me, after listening several times, can't pick out the ebow or mandolin.

blain

There's no mandolin, but yes you are right, there's an ebow in there. You know your guitar stuff!!

uncloned

got confused and read modplug as mandolin I guess at one point. my apologies on that

I have an ebow actually - I got a 1981 or so vintage one.

I got a tune that features it - and I can't believe I didn't post it here.

Hang on

blain

Cool, I never knew the ebow was so old. Mine's just the regular run of the mill sort of thing.

Please post your track.

blain

Oh, you can hear the ebow most clearly in the second half of the first verse. Though it's quite subtle.

uncloned

Sam_Zen

A well made song !
And I second Clones about the production. Good balance.

TheEagle

Enjoyed!
Great mixing and production. And (again) I'm really excited about this excellent sounding voice...

blain

Thank you for listening.

Production and mixing was done in modtracker and cooledit 2. The modtrack stuff wasn't too difficult. But getting the vocals to sit took time, ie. compression and eq.

Nahkranoth

Great production, as in your previous tracks posted here :gjob:
But why oh why the voice and the lyrics are so ...erm... soapy?
Too sweet to my taste, but I admire your skills :oops:
Maybe we'll hear something more powerful soon?  :twisted:

blain

This is a love song so it's got that feel about.

Got a song here with more aggressive rhythm, vocals & lyrics. Will post it soon.

Sam_Zen

2 blain :
Ah, using cooledit 2 too.. In case you don't have them, some extra filters can be found here

blain