2012 is apparently not all it is supposed to be...

Started by uncloned, October 26, 2009, 23:31:27

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

wikipedia has a whole list of stuff about 2012.

LPChip

To Louigi:

I'm not sure I can call these calendars. Its just that like the maya, they all have predicted the end of time and the beginning of a new era. The maya has put their own years in it, where others have been calculated based on predicted events that have come true.

An example of this is the I-Ching. It speaks about cycles, like the maya do, and based on predictions made by the I-Ching, the cycle will also reach its end in 2012. Basically what I mean with this is: There are no predictions after this moment, which has been interpret in several ways: Either, there's nothing after this time, aka: death, or there simply is no time to express it in, as there's no time.

Another example of the same principle would be that system that registers a certain tension in the atmosphere. It is used to predict emotional events on humanity. It was spiking 4 hours before 9-11 happened and they have been able to calibrate it to measure (and test) future events. Like the I-Ching, they are unable to measure past 2012, as if there is nothing after this era. This can be explained in spiritual terms as the ascension process. We won't die, but we will be a higher plane of existence which would not measure a disturbed energy field, as there is none. The goal of ascension is to get ourselves in balance.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

Sam_Zen

I have sent the link of this topic to my fellow composer Paul DJ, who has gathered a lot of details and facts
about this 2012 phenomenon. I'll ask for his opinion.

I've got the I-Ching myself, but never have seen it as a tool to predict something.
I consider that as a mental trap, caused by a narrow human interpretation.

Louigi Verona

QuoteLike the I-Ching, they are unable to measure past 2012

I have to admit, at this moment I do not know what I-Ching is, but I can tell you that in Mayan calendar it is possible to go beyond 2012 - but it would just make the calendar very very large. Because adding yet another 8 million year cycle would basically mean doubling the calendar. Why would anyone want to do that?

All the measurements of "tension" or "paranormal" after the event has passed are usually speculation. After you know it was huge, it is easy to tie it up with any measurements, really.

I am not saying I am a materialist who believes that the world is limited to what we can see and touch, but I am the last one to jump to paranormal conclusions based on badly interpreted data.

As for "jumping to the next plane of existence", I have to be honest - I see absolutely no hints as to humanity being ready or even remotely close to any "new plane of existence". I do see that today the importance of short-term profit outweighs many important things.

LPChip

I do agree that it looks like we're not ready for this, which is sad really...

But on the other hand, when I look at things like the economical crisis, which is one of the last predicted items by the I-Ching, I still see that we're "on schedule".
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

jikoo

I am totally agree with Louigi Verona. 2012 will be a normal year ! All of this hoax is bla bla ba (for media) !!! Our calendar stops at 31 december of each year. And after !... :?:

:evil:
Woolyss Tracking | Woolyss Chipmusic

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "LPChip"But on the other hand, when I look at things like the economical crisis, which is one of the last predicted items by the I-Ching, I still see that we're "on schedule".

You see, this is interesting.

For people who are into money and finances and financial manipulation that was a crisis. I personally did not feel a thing. To me it was not a crisis. Maybe same thing will be with the end of times? To some it will happen, to some it won't.

This is not mere speculation. In the Bible it is said that noone knows the time of the end of the world, not even the angels.
Think about it. I do not think this phrase means that nobody knows some exact point in time and that some day God would suddenly make a surprise for everybody. I would understand that phrase that the end of the world is not something that is a fixed date. It is a general phenomena, time of change and to someone it would be the end, to some - difficult times, and some might not even notice.

That's what I mean.

uncloned

Louigi Verona

Sam_Zen

Nature has its cycles. Very tiny ones, and very large ones.
If the waveform with the pattern of the sequence is clear, the coming zero-crossing can be predicted.

Paul DJ : If we go on like this, we will not even get to the 2218..

Despite the 40 years old warnings of the Club of Rome, we've come into an era of decline.

rncekel

Just a comment. I remember having read some complaints about "the world is getting worst and worst, we are declining, the civilization is wrecking..." and all that stuff. They were writen in the intermediate period between the Old and the Middle Egyptian Empire. That is, some thousands years ago we began to decline, and we are still on it...

uncloned

Quote from: "rncekel"Just a comment. I remember having read some complaints about "the world is getting worst and worst, we are declining, the civilization is wrecking..." and all that stuff. They were writen in the intermediate period between the Old and the Middle Egyptian Empire. That is, some thousands years ago we began to decline, and we are still on it...

Ahhh - Damn good point!

You can't find good crocodile dung anymore in the market....

uncloned

Quote from: "LPChip"I do agree that it looks like we're not ready for this, which is sad really...

But on the other hand, when I look at things like the economical crisis, which is one of the last predicted items by the I-Ching, I still see that we're "on schedule".

No offense but....

Has belief in the Singularity replaced religion for some?

Some of the stuff written here sounds very similar to Christian arguments against atheism.  (Because it is written in the Bible its so...)

LPChip

I don't believe in religion, if that's what you mean.