[Trance] Instant Moment

Started by Rakib, October 21, 2009, 02:00:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Not super tight production there is some parameter that needs to be more presice/tweaked but still main theme is done.

Download
^^

Sam_Zen

Talking about tight : I could DL this, but the file has a ridiculously long non-descript name.
Is there a way to diminish this ?

Listening : Decent trance-like.
I think it's a nice production, so which parameter do you mean ?

Saga Musix

You're using rather unusual instruments there. Apart from that, it's a rather minimalistic track (which is not a bad thing). I guess I would like it more if the instruments were a bit more "usual" (and I don't mean "cheesy and overused"), especially the thing that's supposed to be a snare is a bit distracting IMHO.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

@Sam_Zen
Im using MS Skydrive to store this song.
skydrive.live.com/

This is the shortest I can make of the link:

http://cid-54cdccabf6b1af4b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Rakib%20-%20Instant%20Moment.mp3

For the parameter I'm just lazy and just using linear interpolation. There is some sections where a non linjear interpolation of for instance like this.

would suit better imo.

@Jojo
True but I wanted to give this song a more "house"-kind of sound. Maybe it's distracting for some, but it gives the song a different sound compare the standard trance songs.

And I must not to forget to thank you for the function in 1.17.03.02 where you can select several pattern and move it around. It has helped me with work flow alot and I work much faster now. Still this only goes for new songs. The midimapping with shift-button on older songs I have to go back to .54. But still thanks a lot!
^^

Sam_Zen

2 Rakib :
I suspected already that with domains like this, one has little control over added pre-strings in the filename.
Even on ModPlug Central Downloads files get a leading string of some eight numbers..

uncloned

perhaps tinyurl would help?

listening

trance often has a very long intro before it gets down to business- is there a reason why?

Often trance I hear does not change the chord - you have a 4 chord pattern which is nice.

is it the beat that makes this trance mostly and not another electronic genre?

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"perhaps tinyurl would help?
well, it wouldn't change the filename on your hard disk at least.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting way of bringing in the layers. Starts off as great music for a rave, basic, minimal, nothing to remind you the music is there, just a beat with some filters and notes.
Then the midrange melodic and sonic progression lend their pespectives. Excellent transitioning. Dark and serious, bordering on sexual. We love the fact the the beat stays and doesn't leave.  Good choice overfiltering the snare down to a tttthhyyeeew!

Only criticism: too short -- my brain was waiting for development or travel.

Rakib

Quote from: "uncloned"perhaps tinyurl would help?
trance often has a very long intro before it gets down to business- is there a reason why?

Often trance I hear does not change the chord - you have a 4 chord pattern which is nice.

is it the beat that makes this trance mostly and not another electronic genre?

1. Is just custom to do so. But it is much easier to mix tracks together like this. I like the fact that I can hear how the song is build and it usually have a lot more atmosphere and vibe to it, contrary to a 3 min radio mix

2. Thanks, yes. I can not say it is the most regular trance song I've heard.

3. I think the beat and it is melodic and the intruments are mainly electronic.
Quote from: "Harbinger"Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting way of bringing in the layers. Starts off as great music for a rave, basic, minimal, nothing to remind you the music is there, just a beat with some filters and notes.
Then the midrange melodic and sonic progression lend their pespectives. Excellent transitioning. Dark and serious, bordering on sexual. We love the fact the the beat stays and doesn't leave. Good choice overfiltering the snare down to a tttthhyyeeew!

Only criticism: too short -- my brain was waiting for development or travel.

Thanks to the comments, and yes your brain was probrably waiting for more because the cut off filter is allways at work going up and down so you never know  when the peak is.
^^

Zaphoid

I almost wrote this one off because of the overly boring intro.  I'm glad I was patient enough to give it a listen.  If I where you I'd just start it with the bass intro.  For most ppl (me included) you need to capture the attention of your audience almost instantly.  

I could do without that squicky noise that is where the snare should be. Doesn't work I'd lose it.  

I love the way the synth parts build and that portamento lead is killer! It's obvious this track is in its infant stages so I'll just say I'm in rapt anticipation of the final version.