...that makes me angry...

Started by TheEagle, September 30, 2009, 14:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

To bring this whole thing to an end, I'd like to post here the next mail I received from 'that guy':
QuoteHello,

I thank you very much for deleting that account. I hope you excepted my apology. I give you my word that I will never do that again now that you corrected the errors of my ways. Thank you very much. I am still ashamed of myself.

Rick *****

Finally, 'the case is closed' so to speak...

Quote from: "Unloned"MrEagle - do you have statistics on the site that hosts your songs? I don't know about your host - mine shows me every forum / site / IP that accesses my tunes. - At the very least the raw access logs should be available to you somehow and you'd be able to address the question Nahkranoth brings up.

As I wrote above. From my point of view there's no further investigation needed. I regard the matter as settled...

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"
MrEagle, I hope while I'm writing this, Timbaland is not making some serious bling-bling using your tunes, fo' shizzle

Umm. I'm very sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about... :oops:

LPChip

Although the matter has been resolved, I want to point out that I will help in these cases where I can.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

So it was Rick Astley who impersonated you?!?!?! :nuts: :lol:  :lal:

QuoteUmm. I'm very sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about...
read on here...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

Removed for security reasons

Saga Musix

Ouch, that's pretty disturbing indeed. ::)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

I can say g that I did not at all like this video playing and taking over my browser moving the window so often I couldn't close it.

it sucked totally.

I had to power down to get rid of it.

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"... and taking over my browser moving the window so often I couldn't close it.

it sucked totally.

Opera Browser FTW :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

As a mod, I beg you to remove that link.
^^

uncloned

Saga Musix

Firefox with Noscript ftw...
Pages like those should actually teach you something: That having Javascript and stuff like Flash or Java enabled all the time is a bad thing. Unless I explicitely allow a page to use JS or Flash (I got Java completely disabled, because only a minority of websites relies on Java, and those are not worth viewing), it won't execute JS code or run Flash applets. That way, I'm also pretty safe from drive-by downloads.

BTW: Rickrolling is an Art, and "g" succeeded very well in it. Take it easy, guys!

uncloned

that argument sounds like

if I shoot a bullet at you and you are not wearing a flak jacket then it is obviously your fault for dying..... not the person who shot the bullet.

so no - it still sucks and I agree it should be removed.  still.

Nahkranoth

If it's not for our heroes, clones and TheEagle (the real one), just imagine how many people at CTG could be rickrolled :!:

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"if I shoot a bullet at you and you are not wearing a flak jacket then it is obviously your fault for dying..... not the person who shot the bullet.
Not wearing a flak jacket on a battle ground is a bad idea, though.

There are many people on the internet who just want your money and use browser or plugin vulnerabilities to get your personal data and stuff. You cannot ignore that. This almost happened to me once, when a couple of demoscene sites were infected with that stupid malware shit from the Russian Business Network. Since that day, I never use a browser without NoScript.

g

Quote from: "uncloned"I can say g that I did not at all like this video playing and taking over my browser moving the window so often I couldn't close it.

it sucked totally.

Sorry... It didn't do that in my browser.  :oops:

EDIT: Like LPChip, I recommend using Opera. I really hope you didn't lose any work over it. I don't like shooting at people at all, regardless of the amount of kevlar they wear.

Sam_Zen

like Jojo states, disable java anyway.