...that makes me angry...

Started by TheEagle, September 30, 2009, 14:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Quote from: "Jojo"And you didn't write the CTG staff yet? :P
I did. Waiting for a reply.....

uncloned

I forgot about this problem when I wrote your review at CTG!!

I'm sorry - I thought it was YOU!

Saga Musix

Well, it is him, in a sense... :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Jojo"Well, it is him, in a sense... :)
Nope! It's somebody who pretends he/she is me.

Saga Musix

i said "in a sense", because clonses was commenting on your music...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

I just received this PM on CTG

"
Thank you for that kind review! You are the first reviewer of my songs and I thank you very much. :martini:"

umm is it you Mr Eagle or your googleganger?

TheEagle

Nope! It's not me.
Are there any further informations in that PM?

Mr Uncloned, may I ask you for a favour? Could you send a PM to this guy on ctg with something like "I don't think that you are 'TheEagle'" and add a link to this topic? ( http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3452.0 )

uncloned

I sent the following

Ummm I have a question...

Are you really TheEagle? Some people don't think that you are 'TheEagle'" - namely TheEagle himself....

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3452.0

Look at this topic

[url counter="no" url="  http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3452.0"]  http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3452.0[/url]

Nahkranoth

Can't wait for the next episode :D

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Can't wait for the next episode :D
And here it comes:

I received the following mail just some minutes ago:

QuoteHello,

I read what you posted on lpchip forums about somebody posting your music on CTGMusic.com. I would like to make a confession. That person was me. I beg that you please forgive me. Back in November 2008 when I signed up, I didn't think that was a bad thing to do up to this day. I just want to say that I'm very sorry. I wish there was another way to apologize. I will give you the account informating incase you want it:

Username: *******

Password: *******

If you want me to close it, etc. please let me know. I feel very nervous and very ashamed of myself.
I hope that you forgive me and have no hard feelings. But I can also understand if you do. It was my mistake and I will try to do my best to fix it.

Thank you as much as possible

Rick *******
I have not decided yet, what to do next.

Mr Uncloned: Thank you very much for the PM you sent to that guy. It seems as if it had fulfilled its purpose.

uncloned

No Problem Mr Eagle!

I would send it to the CTG admins so they can track his IP. Your artist name may not be the only one he decided to... "promote".

The only way to be sure is for the admins at CTG to run a search on his IP on their access logs. That he apologized is good - but certainly if he has other bad accounts he needs to be banned.

Also.... did you get this PM here? Then he has an account here as well.

I think its great to promote an artist you like - but one should ask about it first before opening up an account in their name....

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"I would send it to the CTG admins so they can track his IP. Your artist name may not be the only one he decided to... "promote".
Well, it seems that the ctg-admins are not very active. For them there is obviously no need to answer the mail I sent them last weekend. So I won't sent them a mail again...

I decided to log in at ctg using the PW the guy wrote in the mail. I changed the PW and name after I deleted the songs. Finally I left a message that says 'This account is dead!' ( http://www.ctgmusic.com/artist.php?id=16928 )

Quote from: "uncloned"
Also.... did you get this PM here? Then he has an account here as well.
No. As I wrote above he sent it by e-mail....

Nahkranoth

I was like doooode, WTF???!!11 This is some weird shit, Mozart vs Salieri style :lol:
MrEagle, I hope while I'm writing this, Timbaland is not making some serious bling-bling using your tunes, fo' shizzle :lol:

Saga Musix

I'm not sure why you removed all the music from the account, it would have been yet another good place to find your music... But that's up to you.

uncloned

Well,

Yannick runs the server for CTG (madtracker) and I think if LPChip were to write him, as a fellow scene admin , you'd have your best chance of obtaining action then. It could be that the CTG guys can't do anything. I've seen posts that said they were helpless to make changes because of the lack of a coder. Same sort of thing exists at traxinspace where no one can do anything w/o mysterium who is busy with his private life and other projects that pay.

That is if MrEagle and LPChip wants to follow up.

MrEagle - do you have statistics on the site that hosts your songs? I don't know about your host - mine shows me every forum / site / IP that accesses my tunes. - At the very least the raw access logs should be available to you somehow and you'd be able to address the question Nahkranoth brings up.