[Trance] Gamma Orionis - Uplifting Trance

Started by Zaphoid, August 31, 2009, 00:25:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphoid

Used Synth 1, TB40004, Blue synth and  Novation V-station  to compose this.  Hope it you like.

http://soonlabel.com/a/Attachments/Gamma_Orionis.mp3

Sam_Zen

Nice jumpy work. A pity the percussion is not a bit spread in the center.

Zaphoid

Sam_Zen

Kick, snare, hihat, etc. are all at almost the same mono-position.

Zaphoid

check link again I think I have it fixed.

psishock

ha, i can hear that you have improved your percussion/effects system and started to play actually with it, within then song. :) That's a good stuff, i love that and always fun to listen, to these nice variations. ^^

I've spotter a lot of Ferry Corsten reference, am i right? :D That's cool, i love the man.

System F - Dance Valley Theme 2001
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKImaLHkns&fmt=18

Your kick and the bass seemed to be always somewhat weaker, compared to "usual" trance tunes, have you ever tried to sidechain some of your driving channels? That would heavily improve the overall sounding.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Zaphoid

I thought I had side chained it?  Maybe not working correctly.  I'll see about that.   As for influences it may well be that I'm influenced by system F because most of my time listening to Trance was back in late 90's and 2000's.

Zaphoid

Here is what the legendary Wayfinder said about my song over at the buzzchurch forum.  Very good reviewer and critique person if your listening psishock.  He has supplied me with the means to truly polish this track off.

From a quick listen, here are some comments: Hihats are too loud, kick isn't punchy enough. Getting some strange clicks, dunno where those come from, maybe the bass? Bass pattern in the intro sometimes seems to fight with the kick for frequencies, are you sidechaining that already? Overall a very late 90s, early 2000s sound. I like the chords, but that arped synth could do with a shorter glide value. Breakdown/buildup is unimpressive, no real arc/tension to it. Dynamics are shot to hell from what I can tell, stuff that shouldn't drop out frequently does, try a multiband compressor maybe? Main part reminds me a lot (like, a lot) of the A&B remix of Aurora - Ordinary Day. Snare is a bit tinny, try something more claplike. Aaannd... Song over Smile Liked the song structure and stereo image.

In retrospect those comments sound a lot meaner than they're meant btw. I think the base is good and with a little more polish it could work a lot better Smile But it's your choice whether you really want to work on it more of course Wink

Sam_Zen

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Right genre! :P The kick needs punch, as it drives the initial section. But at 1:40 since it's not the driving force, the level is fine. I can hear the compression in its unusual cadence; just, when it picks back up with the steady 4/4, it's got to own those microseconds the same way! Excellent meandering, ungraspable melodic and chord progressions in the middle section. Love the filterplay after it! The last section, however, needs something more, but i won't write the song for ya! :D

To tell you the truth, i would use this as the type reference for Uplifting Trance. Be sure and upload the final version to our site so we'll always have it. If anyone has any question as to what Uplifting Trance is, i can link them to this piece. :wink:

Zaphoid

I'd like to point everyone to a new version of this I just released on my new website. http://zaphoid-music.net/Blog/  Harbinger I'd also like your word on the improvements.  I have come to value your input.

Harbinger

This song is complete and "market-worthy". You should be proud of this one. :wink: