Fast Tracking in MPT

Started by Saga Musix, August 29, 2009, 23:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

That is a strange looking bug indeed. And the code for the 128th channel caused that big of a problem? Wow, perhaps you should try 256 instead! OK, perhaps that is just getting a little bit silly now, but that bug still does indeed seem odd. Maybe even a tad bit wodd
As for the opening thing, I will try that.

Really Weird Person

Actually, in Modplug Tracker's case, yes it does. For example, I tried to open a song that contains 128 channels in versios 1.17.02.52 and 1.17.03.01 and neither one rendered it properly. I have also tried to open a song with 16,794 patterns in 1.17.03.01 and it is truncated to 4,000. Although, if I made a file with two channels, that is indeed rendered properly (in 1.17.02.52 that is) (it comes natural for 1.17.03.01) (at least the build of it that I have). Strange

LPChip

How about, we get back on topic?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

ummm.... yea, so hows that chiptune composing live recording progressing? :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Really Weird Person

Sorry, I guess that I am probably too good at that (being off topic that is)! It is like the topics go just fine and then all of a sudden three strange words appear which are:
1. Really
2. Weird and
3. Person
Once those three words appear, everyone knows that havoc has come because Really Weird Person is too much of a weird person to stay on topic!

g

LPChip

And again its going off-topic.

I do not have much time to track, so I can't record me making a song yet.

This is because I recently bought a house and have alot of work in that. I'll come soon enough anyway.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

g

Quote from: "LPChip"I do not have much time to track
You need to track faster.

Saga Musix

or he has to use FastTracker :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

or perhaps he should be more spontaneous about his tracking, and use Impulse Tracker.  :haha:

uncloned

g

Isn't it funny how almost anything cool involves the word "helmet"?

Rakib

Sure you don't mean wave?
Anyone considered how it could be to collaborate on making music with google wave?
^^

psishock

i think it would be very much possible, since trackers more or less use midi or xml data, the could be real time updated with a proper google wave plugin for every client. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

To get back on topic, I actually have made a song now.

Its called Battle for Justice, a chiptune of top quality, tracked in 55 minutes. I also recorded the entire making of. You soon find the download details (including the making of videos) in the download section. :)