[Trance] Sunburned (.mp3) - second mix

Started by Zaphoid, August 26, 2009, 02:38:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphoid

I redid the drums and added a better kick.  Changed some sounds and improved the melody in the chorus.  It's funkier and has a deeper sound I think.  

Please let know if I've improved or destroyed.  

http://soonlabel.com/a/Attachments/Sunburned.mp3

Edit by mod: altered topic title conform template.

psishock

definitely improved, but i like the more expressed claps in the old versions, its too dim imho in this version, or mayb someplace between would be the perfect. The rest of the sounds seems to be fine and pretty.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

With the hiphop-type percussion and the downplayed drumset, and the pop-type chord progression, this version steps a little into Smooth Jazz genre -- careful! To keep it more like Trance, showcase the filterwork and arpeggiation a little more. The intro pad didn't need the effects, but the pad in the mid part of the song (the one with the ethereal melody) is excellent.

Myself, i miss the filter arpeggiation in the second half of the song, and could do without the "conga" raps. Still, it's nice for the background. We prefer the first version, though.

Zaphoid

I think that I've misslabeled this track.  I've been told this is more house than anything and smooth jazz can blend into house pretty well btw.