Getting Started

Started by GDT, August 09, 2009, 09:16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

GDT

Hi there - I am new to ModPlug so would really appreciate some help. Basically, I have a new sample and have inputted it as C-5 but how do I play a different note without the speed of the sample changing? As I go up in pitch, the sample plays quicker - how can I keep it at the original speed but play different notes?
Thank you very much - have tried to find answers myself but been sitting here for ages :cry:

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

not possible... MPT acts like a sampler, not like an instrument.
i think the (buggy) time stretch function in the instrument tab was removed as well.

you could ofcause try to make a timestretch/tempo change in some external audio editor like wavelab or so or experiment with some plugins that are capable of doing this (though those might not give you the desired result as well)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

The timestretcher is not buggy, I use it all the time. But i recon there are better alternatives out there though.
^^

GDT

Thanks all....
So, do I need to pitch shift in another program (eg acid) and then input the different notes as different samples? Do you need a different channel for each note?

Saga Musix

The time stretcher is still there (it's a new one), on the sample tab.. Well, it's not really buggy, but like all time-stretchers, it doesn't sound very nice because stretching samples in time while preserving pitch is something that's nearly impossible to do perfectly.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "GDT"Thanks all....
So, do I need to pitch shift in another program (eg acid) and then input the different notes as different samples? Do you need a different channel for each note?
no, though the 1st note will be cut when the 2nd starts playing.
if you want polyphony you will need 2 channels
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LB

Well aren't there options for the notes to NOT be cut even on multiple? I could have sworn I'd used them, and they wroked fine. :/
Don't feed the bunnies. They will bring thier friends next time.

~MMF2 Developer user~
[color=green]LB-Stuff[/color] - My Website

LPChip

Yes, if you use instruments, you can set the New Note Action (NNA) to continue or note-off.  It'll create virtual channels for the new notes.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs