[Electro/DnB] DS-10 Trip (.mp3/youtube)

Started by LPChip, July 29, 2009, 17:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

This time, I wanted to make a song that progresses as it goes. My other DS-10 songs all have some form of repetition where patterns are being reused.

This time, I also wanted to do something different than usual. Not just record my DS playing the song, but actually enhance the experience. To do that, I did two things. I used a visualisation called Rabbit Hole in XMPlay while playing the mp3 version and recorded that, and I tried out the new 720p format. It was a challenge though. My pc really didn't liked the idea of working hard to record on HD quality. You can see it a little bit. Done alot of things and tried alot of settings to get the result you have now.

I included the bass sound because I'm really pleased with it. I didn't included schemes from the other sounds (nor will I do so seperatelly) because they're kind of the same as what you already can find in my other songs. The lead sounds that change are actually the same sound, just changed the resonanse settings per pattern. I did found a bug in the game while making this song though. The bassdrum in this song basically has every setting on max. Every time I load this song, I have to edit the bassdrum, listen it play 4 times before it sounds as I want to. I don't actually have to make changes. Due to this, I didn't included the bassdrum in my movie as image.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do.

Be sure to check the youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlu7ZLCQSE

Get an MP3 version here: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip%20-%20DS-10%20Trip.mp3

Comments are really appreciated (and if you have a youtube, I wouldn't mind you rating it 5 stars either XD )
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Does no one like it, or is there another reason why I haven't had comments yet?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

I guess I have missed it, or thought something like: Ahh, LPChip->piano->hate pianos->skip it :D
d/l-ing now, will hopefully listen and comment on it soon(==tomorrow)

LPChip

Heh. I'm not just doing piano plays X) Though you're brining me on idea's here :nuts:

Can't wait to hear what you think of this based on the many positive comments on youtube :)

uncloned

this is nice electro - better than the other DS songs you did imho  - sounds game influenced definitely

LPChip

Its not game influenced though, but I like the compliment nevertheless. :D

Its actually influenced by DubFx, of whom a video was posted recently and by seeing him doing beatboxing with a loopstation it made me decide to buy his cd. XD

Nahkranoth

Hmm, never expected something simple like that from you, LPChip (in a good way)
I won't say much, but I wish this track was longer and more developed, because I like what I hear, howewer I do not usually listen to music of that kind.
It's raw, hypnotic and as clones said, if it's not game-influenced it could easily be a backing track of some game.

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Hmm, never expected something simple like that from you, LPChip (in a good way)
I won't say much, but I wish this track was longer and more developed, because I like what I hear, howewer I do not usually listen to music of that kind.
It's raw, hypnotic and as clones said, if it's not game-influenced it could easily be a backing track of some game.

Thanks. Yes, I wish I could make it longer too, but the DS-10 has its limitations, and one of them is a max of 16 different patterns, and no way to mute individual tracks. So to make a transition to a new part I had to use 2 patterns, so basically I was forced to make it this short.

Luckelly for me, the Korg DS-10plus which will be available from september in japan (requires a DSi) will be expanded with about twice its features. When it comes out, I'm going to buy it, and it'll allow me to make songs like these longer! :)