American Politics

Started by uncloned, July 28, 2009, 16:57:39

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

I seems the republican party has a corner on poetry (if one remembers the Rumsfeld "known unknowns and unknown unknowns.")

Here is Sarah Palin's goodbye speech as read by William Shatner of Star Trek fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdqRbWYWbU

Louigi Verona

This video is no longer available due to a copyright infringement. hehe.

psishock

i was managed to catch it before the censorship nazi finished it. ;)
it was good for a laugh. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Rakib

^^

uncloned

I'm dling it this time....

idiots - this was the first time I watched any of Conan's Tonight show....

uncloned

I got it

of course... when all of your storage is in "the google or microsoft cloud" and your PC is nothing more than a glorified browser appliance this will not be possible anymore....

*sigh*

Like Kim says - at least I caught the tail end of freedom....

don't mean to be a pessimist.   :?

Louigi Verona

In Russia several major channels dump their TV shows into their official YouTube accounts.

uncloned

it would be ironic if Russia became a bastion of intellectual freedom.

but I'd welcome it.

Louigi Verona

Well, at the moment it is. The laws are there, but they officially don't work. For instance, our President Medvedev was seen with an iPhone when iPhones were not yet sold in Russia and thus to use it to talk through Russian cellphone operators you had to install cracked and modified Apple software.
But generally, TV channels are not taking down material from YouTube and, as I've said, dump most of their programms online after they are shown on TV.

Saga Musix

What can I say... "LOL Palin" :p
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

maleek

Maybe I can get Palin to do some poetry over my new ambient?

psishock

You never know, unless you try, right? ;)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

apple-joe

Nice Rumsfeld poetry. Did you notice which category he neglected/forgot in the known knowns etc. poem?

uncloned