[discussion] Do you believe in paranormal?

Started by Louigi Verona, July 23, 2009, 06:55:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Perhaps some of you know James Randi, who exposes paranormal people. He is always fun to listen to.

However, a showman who is claiming he can move objects with his thought is one thing, another thing is the question of the existence of psychic powers. What do you think/know?

psishock

I only believe in humans, no gods, no other stuff. Their creativity and imagination can be endless. The brain is pretty awesome tool alone, it can be deadly powerful, depends on what, and how do we use it. Technology is invented by us to improve weak points (physically and psychically) and to help further on.
So, if a human mind is capable doing those kind of stuff, it's very much fine. I know that i'm focusing on the technology make my life easier, rather than trying hard to improve psychical "abilities". I found it more easier to share, learn and use. However many people archived interesting stuff, who improved any of the two.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

g

I believe some people have a more vivid imagination than others.

Saga Musix

And I believe that some people believe more crap than others. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

It's quite possible that psychic ability does exist, but that's not to say that it's necessarily supernatural. We may just not understand enough about it and it's really a scientific phenomena that has just not yet been explained.

I'm sure most of the public theatrics of it is trickery, but that's not to say that there are no genuine cases.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

uncloned

manifestations of the quantum mechanical multiverse isn't paranormal

I agree with KK - its just not explained yet

Sam_Zen

I don't believe in the existence of the paranormal.
And I don't believe in the non-existence of it either.

Louigi Verona

KrazyKatz:

QuoteI'm sure most of the public theatrics of it is trickery, but that's not to say that there are no genuine cases.

Yes, I agree. I also believe that a person with the genuine ability is very unlikely to want celebrity or display, at least in such a fashion.

Sam: hehe. you always manage to find the right words )))

LPChip

I believe in it because I'm gifted myself. X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

QuoteI believe in it because I'm gifted myself. X)

Playing supremely good on piano and being the part of a wonderful community does not count. :P
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't believe in the existence of the paranormal.
And I don't believe in the non-existence of it either.
Agreed. What is really exists, is not paranormal, we just don't know what is it and how to use it.
Why many people are stumbling when I look at them? I guess it's my supernatural power, gotta upgrade it to level 5 and rule the world mwahahahaha :evil:

rncekel

I don't believe in paranormal. And I have serious doubts about normal

Waxhead

I am a big fan of James Randi myself. I am 99.9999999% sure that paranormal stuff does not exist. However I'm still open to the fact that there might be more between heaven and earth than most people believe. If this is to be considered paranormal or just a phenomenon that can sooner or later be explained somehow is another question.

I like to use the universe as a example. It's so huge that it is nearly impossible to believe that we are the only living creatures in it. On the other hand - consider the amount of atoms that have to be exactly in their right place to make a human, animal or anything else for that matter. Considering that there are millions of both humans and animals the chances for that happening are extremely small.

What came first? blood or blood vessels?! When did nature decide that it was a good idea to transport blood in "tubes" or when did nature figure out that all those stupid tubes might as well be used to transport blood.

Paranormal stuff have always interested me. I find it very fascinating :)

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "rncekel"And I have serious doubts about normal
Quite an abnormal thought I must say. :)

I've always wondered about the option, that some of these so-called 'paranormal' capabilities
once, with far away ancestors, were just the usual way of 'mental communication'.
With other creatures and the world. Maybe humans just lost these kind of capabilities.
Due to lack of training, maybe after language was developed.

Louigi Verona

QuoteDue to lack of training, maybe after language was developed.

A valid argument.