For cool users

Started by Sam_Zen, January 30, 2006, 01:25:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Here is an extra filter to open tracker files in Cool / Audition. Also included a filter to open/save OGG-files.

LPChip

Nice. How acurate is it, I bet it doesn't support the heavier modules (those with vsti's and such?) but nice for chiptunes etc.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

I'm Cool! Lol...potentially misleading title there...or maybe just for me.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

2 LPChip
You're right. I should have mention this, because i don't use vsti's, so I don't know about compatibilities.
Accuracy ? I compared between a wav-file from MPT and the one saved by CEP : 1 byte. To overcome I think.

2 SoundCrafter
It worked apparently. Sometimes I like to play with the title of a subject.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

I KNOW SOMEHTING TO ADD TO THE SAMPLE SECTION :D  A "save selected highlight" thing.... like they have in cool edit pro :P
Eat... Its good for you.

Sam_Zen

I have updated the filters with one for the FLAC format here
(for those who are not familiar with this format : It's open-source, and a way of compression which is non-destructive, unlike mp3 or ogg. Meaning that, if you de-compress the file, you will have the byte-exact original wav-file back again)

EDIT : link has been corrected.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

Eat... Its good for you.

Really Weird Person

What are Cool and Audition? Are they at all like Modplug Tracker? I forgot the most important thing in this (and the last) post. Kasey is the weirdest!

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

Cool and Audition are sequencers and editors for waveforms. It's somewhat like OMPT but CEP/AA deal with compressed files. They can convert too. Pretty useful really.
Eat... Its good for you.

Squirrel Havoc

Is there something wrong with using Audacity? Everyone gets an erection over OSS, so why not mention it?  :P

I never really liked cool, but I used a version quite a long time ago, and it seemed similar to goldwave. And other than acro, I don't use adobe products really, something about not trusting us end users anymore...
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Really Weird Person

So Cool is an Adobe product? That's weird. I did not know that. Wow, this is my one hundredth post! Remember this, Kasey Kelly is the weirdest! She told me that herself!

Sam_Zen

2 Squirrel Havoc
Nothing wrong with Audacity, on the contrary.

Really Weird Person

I have tried Audacity. It records your audio and then plays it. I have also used (and use it the most) DART XP Pro. Remember this: Kasey Kelly is the weirdest!

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"So Cool is an Adobe product? That's weird. I did not know that. Wow, this is my one hundredth post! Remember this, Kasey Kelly is the weirdest! She told me that herself!

No, audition is an adobe product. I cant remember who makes cool
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Really Weird Person

Ah, I see.