[proof of concept] live experiment (mp3)

Started by uncloned, July 10, 2009, 04:32:37

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Ok.... I have not done this before - but seen it in youtube vids - - I recorded and manipulated loops on the fly in Ableton Live 6 in DEMO MODE!!

This means anyone can DL the demo from the Ableton website and do this.

The setup - I used my laptop to host Live and used my Fender Mustang plus my line 6 Uber metal pedal into the line in of my Acer Aspire 5100 (dual core running XP Media center with ASIO4ALL installed).  From the ACER I ran a line from the headphone out to the sound input of my desktop and recorded the output. All I did was truncate a few seconds of a previous loop to start off fresh.

Since I fought with the interface you do not hear the build up of tracks - I hope to get to that tomorrow since I have some cool ideas in mind for this. What you do hear is me adding effects to the individual tracks (5) in real time. The music is NOT very good - its just an improv of 5 melodic lines in D minor.

But.... it is a start - this reminds me of the days when I put my Echoplex in sound on sound mode and improvised - which was cool but left lots to be desired.... perhaps I'll post a couple of those.

And here is the link

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/live-experiment.mp3

uncloned

I should add - since my virtual machine has audio pass through - I can probably do it in one computer that way... obviously one needs some power though...

Louigi Verona

I don't understand the enthusiasm about the FREE DEMO. The freedom to work with the software lasts 14 days. Then you buy the program and sign the end user license (thus effectively ending your freedom).

But I do understand your enthusiasm in setting things up!

The demo sounds funny )

uncloned

From what I read demo mode stays forever.

Perhaps the 14 days is only when saving is allowed?

uncloned

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"I don't understand the enthusiasm about the FREE DEMO. The freedom to work with the software lasts 14 days. Then you buy the program and sign the end user license (thus effectively ending your freedom).

But I do understand your enthusiasm in setting things up!

The demo sounds funny )

With the LE copy that came with your instrument you can put it into demo mode and use it interactively doing anything you want except saving your work - your tape loop program (so far) can't save too....

So it seems to me that your Live LE will do all you want - but I can understand the desire to make your own tools.