[skool] Toney Did It (MOD)

Started by Sam_Zen, July 08, 2009, 00:40:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

8 CH MOD - Toney Did It - sh. ver - 4:10

Samples taken from a drum solo by Tony Williams. Then making a solo again from the samples.

uncloned

wow... awesome..... this is really good work

uncloned

I was on the road yesterday.

Did you sample only individual hits or did you include patterns as well?

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"I was on the road yesterday.

Did you sample only individual hits or did you include patterns as well?
You said that you were on the road yesterday, not today. So today, you could have checked. :P There are oneshots as well as short tom sequences, but no patterns (which are better known as the infamous "megasamples") - which is not really possible due to the restrictions of the mod format anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

by patterns I meant sequences of hits

yeah I could of opened it in OMPT - but I have been using my XP Pro installed on a virtual machine running in Vista 64 - which doesn't have the tracker installed - and I'm fairly lazy ;-) . Perhaps I should - I haven't seen a point in doing so up until now.

Saga Musix

well, "installing" mpt should be fairly easy as it doens't have an installer, right. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

yes, of course....

but I do music work in Vista 64 with my quad machine and it *never* goes on the net. And it does have Open MPT (and quite a few other trackers) installed. (Installed to me does not mean to me murdered by windows - I've been using PCs since DOS 3 (or 2???) - got my first clone in 84 or 85. - If you like - it has a place on my hard drive.....)

But I *don't* do music work in the XP Pro virtual machine - no reason to do so at this point in time.

Or the alternative is to port the module to my laptop - but since I gave up on Win 7 and re-loaded XP media center on it I do not think I've gotten around to putting OMPT on it - again - I work on the Vista 64 quad system.

So to look at Sam's module I have to port the mod file from the virtual machine to the base OS. Its not trivial - so yes I didnt' do it.

Does that clarify things?

Sam_Zen

2Jojo :
Why would it be not possible to have a complete pattern sample in the mod format ?
Check this one for example : By By Politicrats

Saga Musix

I mean very long patterns. You either have to downsample them to maybe 5khz (which sounds really bad) or, if you want high quality, you have to use several sample slots, which is of course not possible in many situations, as you have only 31 samples.

Sam_Zen

psishock

:shock: now that's some pretty neat percussion work Sam.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)