[Futurock]Name-Rank-Model(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, June 19, 2009, 01:41:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Name-Rank-Model

This is true Futurock, the original sound of Aeon. Our sound relies heavily on synthesizers, and using VSTi's with MPT is like having many synths in my studio. And with Yjana playing and programming the drums our sound is complete. Some of you older folks may hear the influence from Saga, my biggest influence when i first starting forming my own sounds (WAAAY back in the early 80s!). But Aeon's influences also come from Simple Minds, Yes, Rush, and Tears for Fears, in various degrees.

This was actually supposed to be the 2nd movement of the 3-part song "Soldier of the Future," but i recently discovered that the CD i put the original .it track for the first movement had been scratched and the data was completely unreadable. Unless i stashed it somewhere else on one of my many archive CDs, the song and the vocal track i made is lost. But at least this instrumental, which we only recently produced, stands well on its own. We used about a dozen VST's and VSTi's and a few samples, and Yjana's work.

We will probably include this on an upcoming album. Remember you have to accept the license to download. Feel free to comment here....

UPDATE: Now found at Trax-In-Space....

uncloned

well... on first listen it sounds a bit directionless - the impression is a mix of loud and quiet arpeggios but no real change in the heart of the matter. The drums however are very good.