Keyboard Shortcut Display Bug (maybe)

Started by Really Weird Person, June 12, 2009, 23:35:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

There may be a display bug in Modplug Tracker. What I mean is this. If you look at the screenshot below, you should notice a G in the Key editable text field. That is not G though, it is actually Play/Pause Media. I believe that Stop Media is signified by a J. I changed those primarily because having Escape be stop is a hinderance when using dialogs [unless you do not use keyboard shortcuts, which I tend to do].

Saga Musix

That's actually the same with all "extended" keys that don't exist on normal keyboard layouts. Dunno if anything can be done about that, since modplug retrieves the key descriptions from the system.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

If I am understanding that correctly, Modplug Tracker's key set is based on the standard 104-key keyboard, hence why the multimedia controls and the other 12 function keys (F13 - F24) (which do also work, by the way) do not display properly.

Saga Musix

Kind of. It's not modplug, but windows. Windows probably does not know the "name" of those keys. It can recognize them, but not name them (as they're proprietary). This sounds logical to me because f.e. XMPlay also doesn't know the name of those media keys.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Confirmed this -- exactly the same thing happens with my 'multimedia' keys. (Although I don't use them in OpenMPT.)