The extended offset

Started by Rakib, June 10, 2009, 07:59:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Not sure if this fits here or under the technical documents, but how to use it?
^^

LPChip

Quote from: "Rakib"Not sure if this fits here or under the technical documents, but how to use it?

It fits under the technical documents, but you cannot post there X) A mod will move it there once its answered and thus has become a technical document.

I do think that this question has been answered already somewhere though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I wonder if you mean SAx or the #xx command... The latter has been described in the release notes for OpenMPT RC1.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

well that's REALLY simple.

If you have SAx and Oyz, then you will get...

Offset = 65536 * x + 256 * yz.

This command works per channel. You will have to write SAx before Oxx to get it working, for example...

O20
O40
O60
SA1
O20

would create the three offsets 20h, 40h and 120h. Multiply it by 100h and you will have your offset in samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I support this to be in the tech doc forum. If so I will wipe this post.

Saga Musix

I think the note properties dialog needs a better description here anyway...

Rakib

Thanks a lot.

It was quite easy to use. Noticed it first when I saw a sample I was using that had beyond offset range.

But to continue in the same pattern, what is the #xx-command or how does this it work?
^^

Saga Musix