Modplug needs.....

Started by oxxi, May 29, 2009, 06:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

oxxi

hello everybody. I am avid user of modplug. I would like to see modplug have 32-bit float-point processing, a high quality filter with lowpass, highpass, bandbass etc. like renoise for example. Also maybe fix modplug's tuning and how it handles chip samples when i go to lower octaves. oh yeah, and also the ability to loop patterns. Do you guys have plans on implementing any of these features? If so, would it be difficult to put these features into modplug? I love Modplug! I like it's simplicity. That's why I don't use Renoise, I just wish it could sound like it sometimes.  javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
////

Saga Musix

QuoteI would like to see modplug have 32-bit float-point processing
ModPlug's internal mixing routines work with 32-bit precision. I guess it's not floating point, but why should this not be enough for you? It would be like a complete rewrite of the engine.

Quotea high quality filter with lowpass, highpass, bandbass etc. like renoise for example
Can be done with Plugins, e.g. Electri-Q.

QuoteAlso maybe fix modplug's tuning
Sorry, my crystal ball is broken, be a bit more verbose.

Quotehow it handles chip samples when i go to lower octaves
dito.

Quotethe ability to loop patterns
. Dito. What do you mean are the "Loop pattern" in the GUI or the SBx / EBx command for?!

Also, the developer board is for ideas, discussions and official information by developers. This thread is going to be moved to the feature requests forum.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

oxxi

If modplug did have floating point could I tell the difference? As for the filter, I like using Modplug's filter envelope, it's more accurate than using vsts.

For the pattern loop, I was talking about looping patterns in the gui. It would be cool if there was like little check boxes above the pattern numbers, that way you could loop any patterns you want. I guess my tuning request is more of a question on how tuning works in modplug with chip samples. I'll ask about that on another thread. Just wondering...How many devs are working on openMPT in there free time?
////

LPChip

Quote from: "cytrek"If modplug did have floating point could I tell the difference? As for the filter, I like using Modplug's filter envelope, it's more accurate than using vsts.

For the pattern loop, I was talking about looping patterns in the gui. It would be cool if there was like little check boxes above the pattern numbers, that way you could loop any patterns you want. I guess my tuning request is more of a question on how tuning works in modplug with chip samples. I'll ask about that on another thread. Just wondering...How many devs are working on openMPT in there free time?

Check the general tab -> checkbox: loop song and restart setting.

It is the GUI version of what you want. Otherwise, you can press a play button to play the pattern only, rather than the entire song.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I don't know what you're aiming for, but using the "loop pattern" checkbox on the pattern tab kinda does what do you want, and there's no other checkbox needed for other patterns as you will never reach them when you loop one :P You can jump to another pattern at any time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

oxxi

////

LPChip

Either put the patterns on the beginning of the song followed by a -- pattern and play the song looped while you edit it, or place a Bxx command at the last row of the second pattern to warp it back to the previous order, and remove the Bxx once you're finished.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

g

Being able to just quickly mark a few patterns (in the playlist) and then clicking "play pattern" to play them (and loop them) is a nice request I think.

oxxi

Thanks LPChip. I like that little trick. Never thought about doing it that way. Well thanks you guys for answering my questions.
////