Is there a way to use aftertouch in OPMT?

Started by Nahkranoth, May 28, 2009, 15:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Just as the topic says, for example I want to pass it to VSTis like MIDI CC, or volume or whatever. I would like to know, and of course use it. As I understand it's not a MIDI CC.

Saga Musix

Aftertouch? Shouldn't that be calculated from the volume the current note has?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

The plugin must support aftertouch too, and if thats not the case, it will not work at all.

If it does support aftertouch, it might also support custom mappings, making it possible to use midi CC's to control that parameter seperatelly.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

I don't know about OPMT, but in OMPT, in addition to possible ways given by plugs, I'm not aware of any other way than sending the message using custom macro, and that doesn't seem like real option. But anyway in case you want to test, I think the custom macro should have value AKnnaa, where nn is the key(note) number in hex and aa is the pressure parameter in hex. If you want to control either of the parameters with the macro parameter, replace aa(or nn) with z.
For example Z70 used in pattern under active macro AK40z would send message AK4070.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"Aftertouch? Shouldn't that be calculated from the volume the current note has?
I guess not, but it would be great if volume commands without a note changed aftertouch value of the instrument.
Quote from: "g"Maybe this could clarify: http://www.midi.org/techspecs/midimessages.php
Oh, gawd! Or further confuse me :D But thanks for this, I remember some time ago finding some table like that, but I couldn't find it again.
Quote from: "Relabsoluness"...AKnnaa...
Thanks for this mantra, I will try :D

Saga Musix

I guess not, but it would be great if volume commands without a note changed aftertouch value of the instrument.
But aftertouch (aka "expression") is based on the velocity (how hard you touch the piano for example) of the note, so this should actually be realized through velocity.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

g

Quote from: "Jojo"
But aftertouch (aka "expression") is based on the velocity (how hard you touch the piano for example) of the note, so this should actually be realized through velocity.
Isn't "expression" for pedals? And aftertouch is for pressure, not velocity.

Nahkranoth

Jeez, had a fight with my wife, so haven't tried if it works yet :oops:
Have anyone tried this, lads?

Nahkranoth

Shyte, it's not working. Even if it would, it will be a PITA to use it the way Relabsoluness told. So I'm off to make a request!