[space blues] 88 Norms (mp3)

Started by uncloned, May 18, 2009, 04:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Sam_Zen

As far as I'm concerned, this is a nice blues.

uncloned

yes, I think you are right - going to change that tag

thanks for the listen and comment,

Nahkranoth

Oh man! This is beautiful! Not sure if it blues, but I don't care since it sounds good!

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and comment!

I'm glad you like it. I think Norm's percussion adds an unexpected dimension.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting piece of Industrial ambience, like New Age passed thru overdrive. A calm exploration of tonic and sonic morphing. That piano motif in that odd key reminds one of Tangerine Dream (actually the whole piece does), and the electric guitar keeps it amazingly human for such a cold and metallic atmosphere. The ending is very Pink Floyd!

Definitely a keeper but too interesting to put into the Background rotation. I'll turn this one on when i'm cooking. (Yjana says she'll listen to this when she's plotting death for that idiot who nearly ran her over on her bike. :D)

uncloned

thanks for the listen and comment Harbinger!

Would "Ricochet" possibly be that TD connection? By far my favorite piece by them.

Zaphoid

Quote from: "Harbinger"Notes as i'm listening:

Interesting piece of Industrial ambience, like New Age passed thru overdrive. A calm exploration of tonic and sonic morphing. That piano motif in that odd key reminds one of Tangerine Dream (actually the whole piece does), and the electric guitar keeps it amazingly human for such a cold and metallic atmosphere. The ending is very Pink Floyd!

Definitely a keeper but too interesting to put into the Background rotation. I'll turn this one on when i'm cooking. (Yjana says she'll listen to this when she's plotting death for that idiot who nearly ran her over on her bike. :D)

I think I have to say Harbinger is right about both Tangerine Dream and Pink Floyd influence.  I think maybe you threw both bands in the blender and made yourself a tasty Pink Dream shake :D

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and comment!