Did you watch War Inc.?

Started by Louigi Verona, May 10, 2009, 15:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

The movie with John Cusack depicting war profiteering.
Here's an interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfxTPr5Fs1o

What do you think?

g

I saw the movie, and it kind of sucked... But it's an important subject, and some documentary I saw a while ago (don't remember the name of it) on war profiteering in Iraq made me wonder why this isn't a huge scandal?

Louigi Verona

Because it is a serious issue, that's why.

Sam_Zen

War profiteering. Before seeing the movie I expected this story and it was confirmed.
Halliburton, Cheney, private armies, etc.
The final stage of ''privatisation' where big corporations take over the govern power.

Rxn

I see the zeitgeist buzz has spread over the net quite a bit within less
than a year;)

LPChip

Ever considered that it might be the truth?

I mean, do you know why we have an economical crisis right now?

I do. We have that because, in order to produce money in america, they have to PAY for the money. So they get interest in producing more money, meaning that with the more money you make, the more you have to repay (interest on interest).

It was doomed to fail eventually. The entire powerstructure works on the same basis, and they also work on money.

So yeah...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rxn

QuoteI mean, do you know why we have an economical crisis right now?

I do. We have that because, in order to produce money in america, they have to PAY for the money. So they get interest in producing more money, meaning that with the more money you make, the more you have to repay (interest on interest).

You are right in a way that the financial crisis is an effect of "make
money for the sake of money" attitude but this attitude itself is a
consequence of some other concealed problem rooted much deeper in
human nature which people are still failing to see.

Louigi Verona

Or maybe the search for some unknown "deeper" problem is just an excuse to not solve the simple problems you do see?

Sam_Zen

Some deeper problem is greed, and the stupid mistake to think that 'the more' is equivalent to 'the better'.
Governments have degraded their citizens into kloned consumers.

Rxn