[prime tapes] Heiden (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, April 30, 2009, 01:09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I wanted to create a decent 'normal' piece. (Heiden is Dutch for "pagan")
With Elka strings keyboard, the synth doing some filtering, and a reel to reel looped delay.
So I made two melody lines, playing them together in the third chorus.
Heiden - 5:35 - 1978

Nahkranoth

QuoteI wanted to create a decent 'normal' piece.
And you succeeded with that. Its quite easily listenable even for the unprepared ears :D
No criticism from my side at all, just silent praises :P

TheEagle

Very beautiful melodic piece.
Maybe some additional background instruments (eg. classical orchestra strings) starting around 3:58 could do a good job...

Saga Musix

It sounds a bit dry, so some background pads (like TheEagle suggests) would not harm the tune. However, the melody itself is very nice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

If Sam_Zen ever ventures into Techno, this is as far as he goes. Almost arpeggios, very meager melody and chords, but reminiscent of Bach or Haydn. OHH, now i get it! "Heiden" -- Haydn ! Very clever Sam_Zen.

For a piece representing your profound skills, this piece is actually simple and relaxing....

uncloned

Beautiful!! Evocative. Very catchy melodies Sam.

I really like one.

Sam_Zen

It's not that clever, Harbinger. When my parents heard this, they said it sounded like Haydn. So .. :)