VS2008 uses different charset for comment text or what?

Started by Saga Musix, April 26, 2009, 10:08:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Look here for example:
http://modarchive.org/module.php?166544
The "shadows" under the boxes in the comment text are supposed to be solid blocks, but since I compiled modplug in VS2008 for the first time, they appear as arrows. Does anyone else experience the same?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Can confirm. There's also a related problem that the GUI has the 'old looks' when compiling with VC2008. Manually adding the RT_MANIFEST-resource(file res/rt_manif.bin) seems to fix both.

Saga Musix

Yep, I also noticed the 2nd problem (but that was rather subconsciously and I didn't think about it for a second time). I'll try your suggestion.

EDIT: What do I have to do exactly? the .bin file is there in the project tree (mptrack.rc -> RT_MANIFEST), and a complete recompile didn't change anything.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"EDIT: What do I have to do exactly? the .bin file is there in the project tree (mptrack.rc -> RT_MANIFEST), and a complete recompile didn't change anything.
I'm not sure about this but anyway:
add resource -> Import... -> Select the rt_manif.bin-file -> Type RT_MANIFEST to 'resource type'-text input.

Saga Musix

Hmm, I tried that several times now, even with complete rebuild, but it doesn't change anything. I'll download a clean codebase from SVN again and try it again.
EDIT: No difference.