[video] Splodes (mp3) So On production

Started by uncloned, April 16, 2009, 20:53:50

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Sam_Zen

Nice to introduce a new genre here : 'video'.
Very nice fractal generations or whatever they are.
Although, as with many of these kind of visualisations : too little sync between transitions of seeing and hearing.

uncloned

Thanks for the listen/viewing and comment Sam

I agree very much about the connection video plus music.

I hope to improve the connection in the future.

Bill uses an advanced fractal program to generate the base pictures that are then used as textures in Bryce 5.5 (which is free!!) in 3 d modeling.

It took me 4 days to generate half of this video at 540x405 pixels. Then, since the music was longer than the available video, I doubled up the video with manipulation in WAX (also free)

The final editing was done in microsoft movie maker (which came with vista on my quad core system) where I combined the two video half's, music, and generated the credits at the end.

(Bryce only uses one core so it was 4 days on one core of a 2.4 GHz Q6600 processor - being spring I sweated a couple thunderstorm filled  afternoons - a power spike from a lightning strike would have been very bad.)

Sam_Zen

Thanks for telling me about the procedures. Yep, time consuming rendering always is a tense period..
--will the system not get into trouble in the meantime ?
I sometimes in the past rendered fractals on a dos-machine taking two days, ending up in a blackscreen, due to some wrong values..
To users : One can download the WAX program here