[easy listening] 12 string ditty w/ percussion (mp3)

Started by uncloned, April 01, 2009, 03:20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Image I took at the Indiana state fair 2008 with my blackberry - touched up in GIMP

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/12-norm.mp3

Norm Harris contributed percussion.

Sam_Zen

Very pleasant, Clones ! Is the bass also done with the 12-string thing ?

uncloned

Nope, it was with a bass that I can't remember the brand name for right off hand.

Here is the line up

3 12 string guitar tracks
1 bass track
4 percussion tracks

Thanks for the listen and comment - and for liking it.

I still have to put a lead to your "challenge" piece that you put on SoOn - this is the tone color I had in mind for the lead - except to try to do it with a slide.

Sam_Zen

Which challenge piece is that ? I forgot about it..

uncloned

Sam_Zen

Ah.. Hammer. I think a slide sound would do there very well.

psishock

I could cheerfully eat, drink and have fun to this music Uncloned, it has a lot of life power. I was searching for a good ethnic drumkits and wondering, if Norm Harris used real "hardware" :), or a nice VSTi?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Hi Psi - he uses real percussion instruments - not a VST in sight.

He is a student of things rhythmic - like meter modulation and implied beats within other beats. Quite an amazing guy actually.

psishock

QuoteQuite an amazing guy actually.
+1, his very good with percussion.

uncloned

Psi,

If you have a piece in mind for his percussion he may very well collaborate with you.

If you sign up here

http://soonlabel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I'll give you privileges to the private side where we do collaborations and help you two meet up.

There is no commitment, and since you do commercial material, we'll respect your rights as well.

Chris

psishock

Thank you for the kind support Uncloned, i'll let you know if his skills would be needed on any of my works. I'm positive, that we could collaborate well. I don't make only commercial material, but currently focusing on those stuff, because i have a very little free time recently after my "real life" job. At the moment i'm producing alone, but have many plans that could be worked out in the future.