[classical guitar] Preparing for the Recital (mp3)

Started by uncloned, March 20, 2009, 03:25:50

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Something I found on tape - the best of the 6 pieces.

Me preforming a Villa Lobos piece about 1977 - a recording made while preparing for a recital - certainly not perfect.

This has been noise reduced so there are some artifacts - but the Siamese cat is quite real. ;-) His name was Pyewacket.

http://clones.soonlabel.com/mp3/villa-lobos-nr.mp3

Sam_Zen

uncloned

Thank you Sam !

Playing classical guitar after years of teaching myself rock was, like with theory class, a mind opening experience. I learned guitar in a whole new and intimate way in college.

When I saw Van Halen in the 80's every member of the band had a spotlight portion of the show. One of the things Eddie did was play a Bach prelude on his electric - one of the same ones I learned in college. My respect for him grew even more - I never would have guessed he had an interest.

Sam_Zen

Playing classical guitar is one thing, and I understand the opening experience.
But playing classical Spanish guitar is yet another thing.
It demands, as said in the Flamengo : "duende".

uncloned

do you mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duende_(art)

interesting - I've never heard of that term before.

I would call that the object of art - expressing one's soul to bridge the unfortunate isolation our bodies create.

oh wait - this is all negative emotion.

Sam_Zen

Yep, the wiki.
Not negative, but all aspects of suffering life.

uncloned

ahhh - the pain and trouble of having a corporal existence?

psishock

seems totally not my "world" of music, so i can't judge it properly. :(

02:12 that cat is absolutely amusing :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Thanks for the listen and comment Psi

The cat was one of the nicest I've ever know. Very gentle feline.

aGIANTpupafish

old prelude no.4 eh? just to point out I play classical guitar (and love villa-lobos!)

Opening was great, really captured the right mood. Cadenza was impressive, a few mistakes, but good nonetheless.

Cat is cuuuuteeee!

Did you learn the other V-L preludes? (no.1 is fantastic)
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

uncloned

yes I did. However, this was 30 years ago so I don't remember which ones in particular. I have a Bach transcription as well. The other pieces on this tape was not as good of a performance as this so I'm not sure they are worth the time for others to bother listening to.

So you still play classical guitar?

aGIANTpupafish

I do indeed, perhaps if I get the time I'll do some recordings and put 'em up :)
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

uncloned

Please do !!

I'd enjoy listening to it very much!

uncloned

Sam_Zen

Yep, aGpf, please share some work ..
2 Clones. This lady rocks indeed, although my fav one will stay Paco de Lucia..