Need a little help with Slayer 2 VSTi.

Started by CoolDudeClem, February 14, 2009, 17:20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

Can anybody suggest what settings I should use for making the Slayer 2 guitar VSTi sound like a Jazz Guitar?  

Also, even though I know its for making electric guitar sounds, is there a way to make it sound like an acoustic one? 8)
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

psishock

QuoteAlso, even though I know its for making electric guitar sounds, is there a way to make it sound like an acoustic one?"
The best you can get is to turn off the amp and the effects, now you will hear it's "naked" sounds, also you can play a bit with the knobs (decay, release and such, to fit your needs). But if you are looking for real acoustic guitar sound, you are better off with a proper vsti for the purpose.

As for Jazz Guitar sounding, i haven't listened much to jazz music, so i can't really tell, but if you mean to that "funky" sounding and it's played with electric guitar, there should b a way. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

When i need a good acoustic guitar sound, but i don't have the time to record an acoustic session, i use DSK Akoustikz (look on this page). Look at DSK's other FREE VSTi's too; i highly recommend them, but MPT finds some of them a little buggy, so you may hafta work around that.. 8)

Sam_Zen

If you're looking for a 'classical' jazz guitar sound : originally such guitars are / were acoustic ones (so with an acoustic hollow body) with some electric elements on it.