Got this error while posting. 3 times already.

Started by Nahkranoth, December 25, 2008, 08:06:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Harbinger"I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Sorry, but... that's your fault if you use a browser that's older than anything.
http://iedeathmarch.org/category/things-younger-than-ie6/
visit that site, it's worth it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Well, kinda but not really. I'm at work and that's the only time i'm on the internet, the 3 days a week i'm at the office. I'm not on the internet at home (THAT's entirely my fault :) ).

That site's funny! Thanks for reminding us!! :P

Saga Musix

Oh yeah, work, that's a bit different. Sometimes are you aren't allowed to install software, sometimes you are (for whatever reason) not allowed to use another browser. Anyway, if it's just the former case, this may help. firefox for pendrives :)

BTW:
Quote from: "uncloned"I get the same error (just did) and do not get email notification anymore of new posts.
This happens if *anyone* has subscribed to a topic. And think again, it's just very logical that you get the message because of that: the notification mail has to be sent at some point, and that's when you (or someone) else creates it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: "Harbinger"Now this i didn't know. Whenever i go backwards into my post page i lose whatever i typed, so have to remember to put a copy on the clipboard before i go anywhere. How do i activate this cache (I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000)?
As Jojo stated it's the matter of the browser, IE (even the latest version) is terribly outdated one, compared to Opera/FF/Chrome. Keeping what you have typed, where you have scrolled and the most of these comfortable features are enabled on them by default. I think all 4 (yes, new IE also) has a pen-drive version so you don't need to install any of them if you don't want to or can't.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

For those of you who actually noticed the reappearance of this bug, sorry.. By changing back the theme to the regular one using Chrome, it happened again. LOL :nuts:

Fixed again.

It won't happen again for probably another year, as that'll probably be the next time I have to change the skin :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

bvanoudtshoorn

And the lesson we take away from all of this is: Don't use Chrome. :D

Seriously, though, I have issues with Chrome's level of system infiltration. :/ Give me Firefox any day. (And if you don't want Firefox, but want all the coolness of Firefox, you can always try aBrowser, which is completely unbranded!)

Saga Musix

Well, as said, Iron is a detoxicated version of Chrome (pun intended, also by the author).

psishock

I'm fine with Chromium (nightly builds) ^^. I need those amazing features like the real time server check hit when you type your stuff in the address bar. Makes your search much more efficient. There is a plugin for FF called CyberSearch that gives you this google address bar feature, but it's not compatible with the current FF minefield nightly builds (3.2a1) :crybaby:

uncloned

Quote from: "Harbinger"Bush was only the lightning rod. We Republicans are still out there to serve as scapegoats, so the blame will just fan out! :P I guess i'll hafta learn to accept my share!

but it won't be nearly as much fun w/o dubya

http://www.aksalser.com/game.htm

don't worry I'm not democrat either....

being from Chicago I know anything is for sale..... like senate seats. now that's true capitalism.