Got this error while posting. 3 times already.

Started by Nahkranoth, December 25, 2008, 08:06:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

This is not a serious problem I hope, but I got the following while trying to post a reply.
QuoteRan into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 Incorrect authentication data

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : smtp.php
Everything gets posted after all, the thing is instead of OK I see this.

LPChip

Yeah, I'm getting this too.

It has something to do with this theme. I can't find why its not working though :(
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Your smtp configuration is fucked up. Maybe you overwrote the original smtp.php which had some old account data?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"Your smtp configuration is fucked up. Maybe you overwrote the original smtp.php which had some old account data?

Hmm... I might actually done that when I tried to use webmail... Hmm.... Going to check stuff. brb :nuts:

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it. This time its Google Chrome to blame for the error.

When I went in the admin panel to change the skin to the christmas one, it autocompleted my SMTP settings with my admin username and password. :s As I have different passwords everywhere, they obviously don't match, and that resulted in an authentication error.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

there's always someone/something to blame for errors :lol:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"there's always someone/something to blame for errors :lol:

So you messed with my Google Chrome? I see! :nuts:

Saga Musix

eww.... google chrome.  consider using Iron at least, which is based on the Chrome sourcecode, but without the spyware stuff.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"eww.... google chrome.  consider using Iron at least, which is based on the Chrome sourcecode, but without the spyware stuff.

Spyware stuff?

EDIT: am now using Iron :D

Saga Musix

You didn't know? :shock:
1) When installing chrome, a unique ID is created which is not even removed if you uninstall it.
2) Chrome is installed into "Documents and Settings", togehter with this ID. That way, google can trace every user seperately
3) As soon as you start typing into the url bar, the google server is contacted (for search suggestions)
4) the "malicious sites" filter checks every site you visit on-line (in comparison to firefox which downloads this filter file and compares locally)
5) and even more...

Harbinger

UPDATE: Still finding this when i send a post. But it's AFTER i send it, and the post IS recorded where i sent it. I'm using the traditional red theme.

Have we sent a Search-and-Rescue team in? It's not a BIG deal as long as we don't lose our 3,452-word posts!! :P

psishock

It's fine i guess, the post is recorded anyway, tested it (with white and red theme :P). So we never need to repost stuff (we won't lose our 3.452 word posts), just simply ignore the error. If we happen to lose our post for some strange reasons (0% chance for this 'till now), there is always the option to go back a few pages in our browser and repost the whole stuff (everything you type is saved in the browser cache).
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

it's just the damned email notification, get it...
and LPChip overwrote the smtp stuff once again. :P (or never fixed it)

Harbinger

Quote from: "psishock"... there is always the option to go back a few pages in our browser and repost the whole stuff (everything you type is saved in the browser cache).

Now this i didn't know. Whenever i go backwards into my post page i lose whatever i typed, so have to remember to put a copy on the clipboard before i go anywhere. How do i activate this cache (I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000)?

BTW Thanks to Jojo and others for tracking that bug...

uncloned

I get the same error (just did) and do not get email notification anymore of new posts.

as for someone to blame.... don't know what we will do in america after Bush is gone.

Harbinger

Bush was only the lightning rod. We Republicans are still out there to serve as scapegoats, so the blame will just fan out! :P I guess i'll hafta learn to accept my share!