[Symphonic Rock] Two Worlds Collide (mp3) (Mirror added)

Started by TheEagle, December 02, 2008, 22:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

In this song I tried to combine some classic orchestra strings with a real dirty (VSTi) e-guitar. The result is a kind of "symphonic rock":

Two Worlds Collide

Mirror (right click-->save as...)

I made this song with OpenModPlug Tracker 1.17

Greetz
The Eagle

Nahkranoth

I don't mean to offend, but please, not this rapidshare crap! If you can upload it somewhere else you'll get more listeners right away. The same concerns your other 2 tracks. I would like to listen but I can't wait all day for when my IP will be free of downloaders.

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"I don't mean to offend, but please, not this rapidshare crap! If you can upload it somewhere else you'll get more listeners right away. The same concerns your other 2 tracks. I would like to listen but I can't wait all day for when my IP will be free of downloaders.

ok. mirror added....

psishock

:loveit: why hello TheEagle, warm welcome to the friendly central of ompt! ^^
I was a bit shocked 2 about the rapidshare links, but i did managed to download the stuff in the end.. with some nagging time limit stuff and similar..
I like this song the most, nice combination of orchestra and guitar elements, even the melody is cool. I noticed (if i'm not mistaken) that ur using VSTIs and samples together in most of your songs, oh and are you using Slayer2 by any chance?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TheEagle

Quote from: "psishock":loveit: why hello TheEagle, warm welcome to the friendly central of ompt! ^^
I was a bit shocked 2 about the rapidshare links, but i did managed to download the stuff in the end.. with some nagging time limit stuff and similar..
I like this song the most, nice combination of orchestra and guitar elements, even the melody is cool. I noticed (if i'm not mistaken) that ur using VSTIs and samples together in most of your songs, oh and are you using Slayer2 by any chance?
(sorry for my bad english)
Thank you very much for this warm welcome...:-)

Well, how could I say? I'm really suprised about that negative reaction to the RapidShare links. After that wait time of max 2 minutes you can download really fast (depending on the daytime) there. And for the case that I wish to download more then one file, I wrote a little script that -once executed- disconnects and reconnects me in order to get a new ip-adress. After that (and another max 2 minutes wait time) I can download the next file. It's quiet easy and makes no problems....
Anyway. As you can see, I added a mirror in my posts and future releases will get a mirror, too....

You're completely right: in "Two Worlds Collide" I used samples (drums and base) and VSTi (strings and guitars). This summer I found out how to use VSTis in OMPT and I was suprised about that much better sound compared to my "sample-only" songs, I made before...

And yes, it's slayer 2! :-)
When I heard this plug-in the first time, I could not believe, that a simulated e-guitar could sound that great. But unfortunatly I find it very difficult to handle in OMPT, 'cause the "note off" and "note stop" commands are completely ingnored...maybe I made something wrong. I don't know....

Greetings
The Eagle

psishock

I can't use those tricks with rapidshare, because my ISP is giving me a static IP most of the time. But i can still leave my downloads in the rapid share download manager, and it will do all the waiting and clicking with the embed automated macros.
About slayer2, hmmm looks like you haven't played with it enough time... heh, did you noticed this release knob?

Turn it all the way down and the sound will cut off on instant with "note off" command. Leave all the way up and the note will sustain.
Do yourself a favor, forget the "note cut" command, if you are using VSTIs 8)
Oh, and play with your VSTIs, explore everything on them, they are your primary tools (next to the host program) for making those beautiful synthetic sounds. :wink:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

TheEagle

Quote from: "psishock"
About slayer2, hmmm looks like you haven't played with it enough time... heh, did you noticed this release knob?
Turn it all the way down and the sound will cut off on instant with "note off" command. Leave all the way up and the note will sustain.

Hmm....it's really that easy??  :oops:
Thanks for the hint...

Sam_Zen

Yep, welcome, TheEagle .. :)
If I notice some rapidshare, I skip it, don't even try, so the mirror is just fine.
A pleasant symphonic piece.
A slight problem I have with pieces like this : I's trying to make an impression, not an expression.

Nahkranoth

Welcome, Eagle. It's a great track of yours, especially for a short time Slayer user :D Nice combination of strings and metal guitar. BTW The drums were introduced just in time, almost when your impression changes from "Wait, there are no drums at all?" to "Nevermind, it's already good enough without it":D
Thougs some instruments may be more pronounced, guitar for example.
The one thing that I've noticed about all of your tracks posted here, is that they're lacking bass frequencies. I suppose that you are using speakers+subwoofer setup, or "plug" type headphones.
About Slayer tricks: you can automate "damp" to make realistic chugga-chugga but the more interesting way is to use note velocity in combination with modwheel automation:
1) The less velocity you apply, the more muted the sound will be
2) Modwheel=palm muting. MW all the way up->the sound is completely muted.

Hope to hear more of your Slayer experiments ::)

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Thougs some instruments may be more pronounced, guitar for example.The one thing that I've noticed about all of your tracks posted here, is that they're lacking bass frequencies. I suppose that you are using speakers+subwoofer setup, or "plug" type headphones.
Thank you for your feedback.
You're right. I use headphones (Sennheiser HD 280 pro) plugged into an external amplifier when I'm "tracking" and these headphones are very "bass-sensitive"...

I'll try to do it better next time...

Greetings
The Eagle