Suggest a Windows all-purpose audio player/editor

Started by Harbinger, November 29, 2008, 21:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"awwww, Jojo you're so leet :welldone:
here, lemme give you a friendly hug for the #1337 :cute:

I've passed that loooong looooong ago.... Time flies :P

Now lets get back on-topic :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

I've settled with foobar2000. It's not as eye-catching, but it shuffles my playback list, something i couldn't get XMPlay to do. (If it does it, it's not intuitive.)

Plus, i hate the whole concept of separate playlists/libraries. with an additional "queue". With foobar, i can create one list of music and it will play it. I don't hafta worry about a main "library" which doesn't really add to anything. I can easily create a new tab with foobar for each list of music i want to play. And it's intuitive.

I've yet to explore layouts and plug-ins. But as long as it's EASILY functional, i'm on it...

Saga Musix

Well, there are actually two ways to shuffle your playlist in XMPlay: Either shuffling the the actual entries or just playing them randomly. And there are buttons for that on the skin and in the settings. JSYK.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

So far I just worked with a playlist of an album. Now I tried the library concept of XMPlay, and I must say, I'm not enthousiastic about it, and wouldn't use it. But, unlike others maybe, I don't have to manage thousands of files. And the data in the library fields depends on whether the ID3 tags are filled in or not.

Saga Musix

I only use the library to store author / song title information of module files anyway.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I use the library to see when I played a file and to search for them :D

Best thing is that it stores a history at all times even when you cleared the playlist so you can quickly re-add some to the playlist.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix