Suggest a Windows all-purpose audio player/editor

Started by Harbinger, November 29, 2008, 21:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, I just use the volume control buttons on my keyboard, along with the play/pause and skip forward/back buttons... I really don't like having floating toolbars etc. :) The OSD (on-screen display) for foobar2000 that I've installed is really nice, too. And I tend to listen to songs the whole way through... :D

That being said, there *are* ways to get foobar2000 to do what you want. One is to use the Foobar2000 Google sidebar control; I'm sure there are others.

LPChip

Quote from: "psishock"This XMplay skin could be great, but the seek bar is kinda short for ~2h mixes example and i cannot seek smoothly with it (ability to stretch out would be nice). Also you have to be very precise when you want to interact with these seek and volume bars on every XMplay skin. You have about 3 horizontal pixels and that's it. If you want to work fast you will probably miss often. (some added "dead pixels" in the upper and the bottom area would be also nice)
Have you tried hovering your mouse over the seekbar and then use your scrollwheel to adjust it?

Or simply get another skin. Many skins have a small titlebar mode when they're in mini version.

Don't forget that you have different skins on www.un4seen.com and support.xmplay.com
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

you could use the mousewheel to have a higher seek precision.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"you could use the mousewheel to have a higher seek precision.

Uh, thats what I said?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

scroll wheel is a great idea, i didn't noticed it. =)
Also, i'll check EVERY skin then, i'm sure at least one on them will be ok. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

I will check out foobar, based on your screenshot, bvan. The GUI isn't eye-popping, but i'd rather have ALL the info right in front of me. XMPlay is nice, but having to learn the icons and where everything is depending on the skin you choose is a big downside.

I tried Audacity a little more, for an upcoming project, and it worked great. I missed the Paste Into feature from other apps, but i found a decent workaround. Also, when opening a .wav, i'd prefer to save it to .wav rather than export it to .wav (i don't like the native .aup project file). Now i hafta download a SEPARATE plugin to use VSTs....that's a hassle.
I may just go back to sonicWORX for Mac. It's high-end and very technical, but at least i can do practically anything....

Sam_Zen

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Harbinger"I will check out foobar, based on your screenshot, bvan. The GUI isn't eye-popping, but i'd rather have ALL the info right in front of me. XMPlay is nice, but having to learn the icons and where everything is depending on the skin you choose is a big downside.

you don't change skins daily, do you? so why would "learning one time where everything is" be a downside?

Harbinger

Why you bustin my balls, jojo?

There's no need for you to put me on the defensive for evry little comment i make. Chill!! :x

If you must know, i'm still trying to find the right skin for XMPlay that has a GUI that's intuitive to me. Answer your question?

If there is a real other problem about me that's bothering you, please PM me....i'm at your disposal.

LPChip

Come on Harbinger, he didn't ment to offend you. :)

He's just very enthousiastic about XMPlay, like I am. :) He doesn't want to bring you down. :)

psishock

Agreed with LP on this, i know that Jojo can make impulsive comments, but he definitely didn't wanted to offend you, i am sure.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"Come on Harbinger, he didn't ment to offend you. :)

He's just very enthousiastic about XMPlay, like I am. :) He doesn't want to bring you down. :)
very much so, yes. :P

Harbinger

Then let's remind each other of this important page. The first three points IMO are very helpful and pertinent to the previous few posts on this thread...

Sam_Zen

Yep, relax here, Harbinger. I don't see any rule : don't make a joke, don't tease, or don't be a bit ironic.
Humour can be a culture-bound country thing, so the more important is : trusting each other.

I use the default skin, by lack of any better to my taste, and just have to get used to it.
Although XMPlay still lacks a simple option to 'open file'.