[exotic] 1channel tripp (.it) < 100kb

Started by psishock, November 29, 2008, 02:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

so i got bored... ::)
psishock - 1channel trip.it http://psi.lp1.nl/music/psishock-1channeltrip.it
play with modplug and with follow song. (and it's lesser than 100kb :D)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

xaimus

Saga Musix

some notes seem to be a bit odd, but yes, this is cool. :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Yep, cool. Some clever coding here.

EDIT: This IT-file gave a warning that OMPT should be 17.02.53 instead of .52, but I couldn't find that update.

Saga Musix

it's not an official version, i just put that up for you all to see the upcoming features. you can get it from my server:
http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Thanks Jojo, I like to keep up with things, I use the beta-version in a different directory.

uncloned

impressive and a pleasant piece - and yes...  how I wished FT2 had NNAs back in the day.

psishock

I'm glad you all have enjoyed it :D It was just a silly, but also nice time passing experience. Too bad we don't have a more complex delay command, maybe i could do a complete full song, with the right coding, on only 1 channel. Also, i haven't worked with samples for a quite while now, and i haven't made a 1 channel module in my life (everybody has to make at least 1), so i thought now is the time.

Sorry 'bout "leaking" the .53 version Jojo, i just had it armed for testing purposes, and forgot to switch back to the normal version on the song "release". :)

uncloned, so what kept you from switching to IT :shock:? When i've started tracking (back in the old days) IT was perfect with the extended 64channel and NNA/instrument support. Even nowdays, i am using multiple trackers, editors, depends what am i trying to do. About a day or a half should be enough to learn the overall usage, together with the customizations for any new program.

Saga Musix

It's not a "leaked" version. MPT development is not a secret thing and anyone can download the sources, modify them and upload his "own" MPT whenever and whereever he wants.

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"It's not a "leaked" version.
It was just a funny expression, it's not about the secret thing or anything similar. What i've meant that it may not be the "proper" .53 version, maybe additional features or compatibility fixes are already present on the latest source, and seeding these alpha (or what should i call them... test builds?) could lead to some version conflicts later, when the "official" .53 comes out on the Software Download area.

uncloned

Quote from: "psishock"
uncloned, so what kept you from switching to IT :shock:? When i've started tracking (back in the old days) IT was perfect with the extended 64channel and NNA/instrument support. Even nowdays, i am using multiple trackers, editors, depends what am i trying to do. About a day or a half should be enough to learn the overall usage, together with the customizations for any new program.

The biggest draw back was the lack of oscilloscopes in IT. Most of my music was based on abrupt note cuts so NNA was a nicety that I didn't see the usefulness for at the time. I lusted after the filters though.