[electronica] Free From War (mp3)

Started by tvdude, November 03, 2008, 21:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

tvdude

Here is a very simple tune written by a friend of mine, his artist name is "Empty Shed", and the tune is called "Free from War".  I did a remix on it, and he asked me to post it, as he does not have internet access.  The guitars are real, but everything is imported into modplug and created there.  While it is simple, it has a great feel.  He has never posted anything online before, and some feedback would be great.  Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t1vtn4xumwz

This is a dowload only, no streaming capabilities.

Thanks
tvdude
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

psishock

Indeed it sounds great, the only flaw i've found that your four chords were way too repetitive. It would greatly enhance the experience if you could do more changes, maybe perhaps introduce some different "filler" melodies, or guitar solo parts, and come back, from time to time, with these four chord as a refrain.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Well, first, if not intentional noise, some NR should be done.
Tell your friend that this is a nice form of basic material, but still some work has to be done, as psishock states.

psishock

oh, i really think that the noise was wanted LoFi/Vinyl effect, because (if i'm not mistaken) it only appears on the short beginning, then fades out slowly and returns once more on the end.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

tvdude

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies.

pshishock, you are absolutely right, the beginning noise is indeed a lofi vinyl effect, and does fade out, it is meant to be there.  I also absolutely agree with the both of you, it is waaaay too repetative.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

uncloned

Yes, I'll weigh in with the majority - nice backbone - some ornaments and some changes would be great!

bvanoudtshoorn

I don't want to say what everyone else has already said, so you should take it as said. :)

Regarding the piano line... There seems to be a slight dissonance on the first beat of the four bar phrase, very quietly. Or is it just me?

Harbinger

Yeah i'm not going to DL anything from any page that barrages my computer screen with popups and ads and whatnot. I'll do without, thank you...

tvdude

Sorry Harbinger.  My pop up blocker eliminates pretty much everything, so I never thought of that when creating a profile on that site.  Sorry for the inconvienence.  To everyone else, if my link is pop up heavy, please let me know, and I'll cancel the account and find a better service.
tvdude

Harbinger

Suggestion: just upload it to our main link, pass a PM to MisterX if you don't see it relatively quick, and he'll post on the download boards. It's so easy and safe, and the only downside is the posting delay.

I'd love to sample my colleagues' works, but i draw the line at mind manipulation as practiced by computer ad-makers...they're  :evil:

tvdude

I agree.  You are right, and will do.  Watch for the posting.
tvdude