[Melancholy] Living in Hell [MP3]

Started by Asharin, October 06, 2008, 14:52:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Asharin

This is the first one I have managed to finish in over a year:

http://stashbox.org/v/251847/LivingInHell.mp3

It's crap, it's repetative, the mixing is bad, and the vocals suck but I'm just happy I actually managed to complete one again.
Anyway have a listen, feel free to laugh :)
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Sam_Zen

Well, I have other things to laugh about.
Mixing is ok, except for the nasty sudden end.
I don't care about things being repetative normally, but I have a comment about this.
This song has several verses of text. But each verse has exactly the same background sequence of sounds and notes.
Even one different note could make a difference for a specific verse, keeping the attention.
Things that are not expected alert the listener again.

bvanoudtshoorn

You shouldn't be so pessimistic, Asharin. :) This song has quite a few good points; the distortion on the guitars is good, for example. I do agree with S_Z, though, that a bit more variation in the accompaniment and the dynamic level would have been good.

I look forward to hearing some more from you. :)

Asharin

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"You shouldn't be so pessimistic, Asharin. :) This song has quite a few good points; the distortion on the guitars is good, for example. I do agree with S_Z, though, that a bit more variation in the accompaniment and the dynamic level would have been good.

I look forward to hearing some more from you. :)
Well i would say you could listen to my old stuff, but the host it was on isn't there anymore. I'm working on newer stuff anyway :D
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.