What does this mean?

Started by CoolDudeClem, September 26, 2008, 17:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

I use VST's in my songs and sometimes I get this error "The plugin has caused a dispatch" (or something like that).  Its really annoying, specially when I'm in the middle of making a song.  the vsti stops working, and MPT often stops responding when this happens so I can't save. What does it mean?  Why are these errors never in plain English? is there some way to stop this error appearing so I can continue working?  it happens alot with RealGuitar and sometimes with Hypersonic 2.
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

Saga Musix

what, in your opinion, is not plain english in "The plugin has caused a dispatch"? :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

But to answer your question: the plugin crashed, and OpenMPT is trying to prevent a crash on its own. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

In the word of PC is really hard to make perfect programs because, in theory, everything needs to be compatible with everything. Thats really hard/maybe impossible to achieve.
It's maybe the plugins, some of the hardware you got, some of the other softwares interfering or the OMPT itself got some issues, the result will be same, crash. I cannot tell for sure.
I can recommend a few things:
- Check your sound drivers/softwares (update everything to latest version , OMPT, the VSTi plugins, sound drivers, everything you can)
- check settings on every software
- save your work often
- don't be annoyed. Try to search for solutions to solve your problems, hate won't help at all, just will make you age more quickly and also disattracts from the creative world. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)