[album] the wurst of 2 years (it)

Started by cubaxd, August 30, 2008, 19:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

12 electronica and experimental tunes and a "bonus" track, all in IT format and packed into a single zip file.
Duration: 50 mins
Size: 9M

@

älskling

cubaxd

Sam_Zen

Cool, a hex-count.
01 - Sounds as ironic as its title. Peculiar combination of unstruments.
02 - Nice parallel rhythms. Didn't expect the drums to come in.

uncloned

just wanted to say I'm working m way through this

an album is a lot for me to digest lately since I've been doing a number of things all atonce.

so far very nice -  3 pieces done...

Sam_Zen

Right on. This illustrates the difficulty arising when a complete album is published for a review, instead of a single track.
It takes severe time.
03 - Quite intriguing patterns. The buildup after 2:20 is excellent. A bit too much NR elements in the last part.

EDIT
04 - Fun title. Cool, it's not the obvious d&b, but it has unexpected elements.
05 - Mixed feelings. I like the start with the industrial percussion sounds, but they almost never came back.
So it went on with a bit too much appearance of the harmonic transpositions.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm, I don't have the time to comment on each track, so I'll just point out a few of the highlights for me. :)

"The Millionth Intro" - I like this one. I like the way the various melodic fragments are entwined, and I like them for their own sakes, too.

"Chaos Experience" - You know, I didn't think that this one was all that chaotic. Quite relaxing, and a pleasure to listen to.

"Sax Machine" - I like the glitchy, dreamy feel of this one. Well executed.

"Bonus level" - Some interesting sounds here. I like the relaxed nature of the piece, and the guitar is very pretty.

cubaxd

@uncloned,
@bvanoudtshoorn
It is perfectly alright if you don't comment on every piece, of course. If people just download and listen to it, and maybe like some of the pieces, it would be satisfactory to me. It is better if nobody comments, than if nobody would listen. (is that grammatically correct? Sometimes i realize how bad my english is. :oops:)

@bvanoudtshoorn
Thank you, Barryvan, for finding the time to comment on some of the mods:)

QuoteI didn't think that this one was all that chaotic. Quite relaxing, and a pleasure to listen to.
Perhaps you turned off the drum channels ;)

@Sam_Zen
Sorry, Sam. I stole your idea ;). The bold names make a post much more clear.

Actually i was using the hex numbers to get rid of the leading 0's. But for some mysterious reason they are still there

QuoteA bit too much NR elements in the last part.
What is NR meaning?

Quote05 - Mixed feelings. I like the start with the industrial percussion sounds, but they almost never came back.
That was the last thing I've added to the tune. The song was already finnished but some time later I've played with some effects at the first patterns.

Sam_Zen

2 uncloned
Yep, I wondered about the unnecessary leading zeroes too. Usind 'FF' for the bonus one, did it, I think. Could be '0F' as well.
NR = noise reduction. I think some elements in that track would be a candidate to apply such function first.
06 - I don't know what geruempel means, but it sure is geruempel.
07 - I like the edgy rhythm elements and synths. But I'm less enthousiastic about the church-organ like addition.
08 - I would prefer to have the 'harmonized' sound (from 0:55) at the left more pronounced. I like the underlying speed.

edit
09 - Breaking beats indeed. I like the floating minimal tonal sounds added to it.
0A - Nice organic sounds involved. As an interlude maybe a bit too long.

cubaxd

Thank je wel, Sam :)
Quote06 - I don't know what geruempel means, but it sure is geruempel.
Gerümpel == clutter, "many (putatively) useless things".

QuoteAs an interlude maybe a bit too long.
But it's to short to be a regular piece :)

Sam_Zen

The 'taste' of the word appears to be rather equivalent to your explanation.
QuoteBut it's too short to be a regular piece
I don't think the duration of a track defines whether it's a regular track or not.
It's the choice of the function of a certain track.
Whether it's a "main" track, an intro, an interlude, or an outro.
0B - I found the player of the el. kb more stoned than the drummer.
0C - The echoed synth seq sounds maybe a bit too pronounced.
FF - Lovely, tender sounds. Voice : Harmonizer ?

cubaxd

QuoteThe 'taste' of the word appears to be rather equivalent to your explanation.
:)

QuoteVoice : Harmonizer ?
No. I've just ripped the samples and used them whithout making any changes.