[Easy Listening] The end is coming (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, August 17, 2008, 10:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I present you, another track I played on my piano.

This is, like the others, an improvisation directly recorded.

I wanted to play a bit of a scary/nervous kind of song.

I'm very happy with how it all turned out. :)

On top of that, I applied an EQ to make the sound on the speakers match that of how the piano sounds when I play on it. I already tweaked alot on my piano sound, but it always sounded a bit dull due to not having a soundchamber when the sound goes through the line-out. I corrected this by finding out what frequencies are boosted, creating a more clean sound. I'm very happy with this myself.

Anyway, back to the song.

You obviously want a download link and other information so here it is. :)

You can download it here.
Type: MP3
Style: Easy Listening
Length: 5:47
Filesize: 5.56 mB

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Easy listening ? I don't think so. It's far too intense for that.
You know I'm not quite a fan of a piano, LPChip, but this is very, very beauty- and powerful.
I lately have talks with a close friend about a predicted end of an era in 2012, and this touches exactly the mood of such a discussion.
And the sound is excellent. You deserve the right to be happy.

bvanoudtshoorn

One of your best, LP. I could hear this working really well in a film score, with the piano fading away to be replaced by huge, sweeping strings and a massive french horn, with percussion pounding, then fading away quietly into the piano again. :D

Great work. :)

uncloned

very nice piece with sad mood and good climax.

Chris

rncekel

Beautiful. One of the best pieces I've heard from you.
I would suggest to make also another version, with a central part on major mode; it may be even just the same melody with a few alterations to render it to major. And then returning back to minor. That would make some constrast that can make the end sounds even sadder.

LPChip

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Actually Sam_Zen, your comment is closer to the reality than you think.

I had a conversation with someone about 2012 or whenever it will be about what will happen, and this song is heavily inspired by that conversation.

About the song itself, it is an inprovisation, so playing it again will never make it sound the same. Then again, going from minor to major and back to minor is something I wouldn't have done simply because it doesn't feel right to go to major. That would mean there's something to good about it, which there isn't.

But thanks everyone for the feedback. :) I really appreciate it. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

I also consider this one of you best piano pieces :)

But I'm a little confused about this discussion. What will happen in 2012? The end of Easy Listening? Or only the end of the world as we know it? :?

LPChip

Quote from: "cubaxd"I also consider this one of you best piano pieces :)

But I'm a little confused about this discussion. What will happen in 2012? The end of Easy Listening? Or only the end of the world as we know it? :?

The end of the world as we know it.

Although I must admit, that I haven't been able to confirm that 2012 will be that date. 2012 will definatelly be a date where things change, but the terror that has been predicted doesn't have to start there, but can be a conclusion of the changes in 2012.

Sam_Zen

2 cubaxd
If it's true, it will certainly be the end of Easy Listening for a while :)
But this is getting a bit OT. Maybe better check another thread about this at :
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=2481.0
This is about sound. After a second listen, I also tasted some nostalgia.