Extended Combo Box?

Started by Really Weird Person, August 10, 2008, 01:34:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

For some reason, I thought that I remembered a version of Modplug Tracker whose row combo box had all the way down to one. Am I remembering incorrectly? If not, do you know where I might find it? Does anyone know what I am referring to?

älskling

"Loading patterns of less than 4 rows screws up. We now prevent users from setting pattern size to less than 4. Just use a pattern break command" says history.txt.

In short, the old closed source MPT allows for shorter patterns, but you won't be able to load those modules (afaik not in any version of MPT).

Saga Musix

modplug can load modules with short patterns very well (try "the oldschool girl" by haggeman for example, which was included in the mpt wild! distribution, i think). but yes, you can only create patterns with a minimum length of 4.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "Jojo"modplug can load modules with short patterns very well (try "the oldschool girl" by haggeman for example, which was included in the mpt wild! distribution, i think)
Perhaps the bug only affects IT or saving? If you try saving the old school girl as IT, the first pattern will be missing when you load it again (it's still in the sequence list however). Either way, there's a bug there somewhere and I mentioned it so nobody removes the 4 row limit wiithout fixing the bug properly first.

Really Weird Person

Save it as ITP next time :lol:! That should work. It did for me. I had not though of using the pattern break, hmm. It is worth a try (shot seemed weird there) (unless you are Strong Bad, then it might be a shot in the face :lol:).

Dictator

In which cases does one want shorter patterns than 4 rows?

älskling

Quote from: "Dictator"In which cases does one want shorter patterns than 4 rows?

Perhaps you want a very short intro. Like a single snare. ;)

Really Weird Person

[continuation of älskling's post] ...in one channel and a toil in another.

Saga Musix

and of course the leet-factor! :D (if you haev a look at modules like Oldskool Girl).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.