Having trouble with TPS vsti

Started by CoolDudeClem, August 05, 2008, 22:03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

I'm trying to make a groove/funk song in OpenMPT,  and I'm using the Trumpet Section (TPS) VSTi for the brass parts.  I  need to switch between different sounds the VSTi has several times during the song. I'm pretty sure a midi macro can be used to select different sounds.  I created a macro which should do it, but it doesn't work.  When the song reaches SF0 or Zxx, the TPS VSTi stops working.  And when I open the instrument to select a sound manually I can't select any sounds at all.  Am I doing somthing wrong here or am I trying to do somthing that's physically impossible? I've tried to include a picture of the macro, I don't know if you can see it.  If it is impossible to do this with macros, is there another way to do it? I've tried to do it with having more than 1 TPS VSTi loaded, to have at least 2 different brass sounds available in the song, but then I get errors all the time, and it also takes up a helluva lot of memory.  Are there any good brass section VSTi's out there where you can change the sound several times during a song?

Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

älskling

I haven't used TPS so I don't know for sure, but many VST instruments allows you to choose sounds with "midi program" and "midi bank" on the "instruments" tab in MPT. If that's the case then it's just a matter of making several instruments pointing to the same VSTi. (it's also possible that you can define different sounds inside the plug-in on different midi channels.)

bvanoudtshoorn

It might also be worthwhile "wrapping" your VST in something like Xlutop Chainer. The reason for this is that OpenMPT's VST implementation isn't perfect, and so using a more correct system can make your VSTs work better. I run Kontakt 3 under Chainer in OpenMPT for this reason.